Risk Modeler and Analytics Specialist
Compliance, Quantitative Analysis, Risk
Job Reference #
Do you want to contribute to a project of firm-wide significance? We're looking for someone who is ready to support the bank-wide UBS AML data analytics program with particular focus on the following tasks:
– Act as a Subject-Matter Expert for the bank-wide AML Client Risk Rating within the central Financial Crime Prevention unit,
– Support managing instances of the global AML Client Risk Rating (CRR) model
– Execute Model Performance and Confirmation Concepts
– Review model parameters and thresholds on a regular basis for appropriateness, and support internal model validation assessments
– Run a change management process / change board that ensures transparency on and appropriate prioritization of change requests
– Engage with a global community of stakeholders in Financial Crime and Business units
You will be working in the Risk Assessments and Analytics team within global Financial Crime function. We work as a gatekeeper in preventing money laundering, terrorism financing, sanctions and corruption risks for the bank. Our role is to perform group level risk assessments, evaluate money laundering risks linked to countries, and carry out systematic data analytics exercises on a client level.
– An advance degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Econometrics, Statistics).
– Strong scripting language capabilities in Python or R. Experience in R is preferred.
– Strong analytical skills.
– experience in Financial Crime risk management, audit or compliance
– a sound understanding of Due Diligence processes, risk factors, and relevant regulatory requirements
– knowledge of model risk and model validation is a plus
– good record keeping and report drafting skills
– analytic, with the ability to provide practical solutions for minimizing risk
– result-oriented and assertive (you don’t shy away from challenging situations)
– a great communicator also in virtual teams
– fluent in English
– known for having a strong attention to detail
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.