Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40.000 specialists providing globally IT, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
The Tax IT Service Delivery team is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of programs/projects to develop and maintain global applications and systems. The team is geographically dispersed and comprises of all disciplines required to deliver IT solutions for our customers, including project managers, business analysts, application engineers, quality assurance & testers and implementation managers. In addition the function works closely with the Technical Lead on the project.
The .Ney Technical Leader coordinates and manages a team of development resources to enforce process and review output of developers to ensure predictability and quality of deliverables. AE Technical Lead will have full responsibility for the user interface along with all code that drives it.
Your key responsibilities
- Develop and deliver technical systems.
- Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Participate in the development and review of documents to comply with SDLC methodologies [e.g. Engineering Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), estimation, Solution Design Document (SDD) and Software Architecture Documents (SAD)].
- Provide support and documentation to assist in sustaining the project during the transition to production where necessary.
- Adhere to Application Engineering methodologies, standards, code reviews.
- Provide feedback regarding application engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices when appropriate.
- Identify potential points of contention for missed activities and notify project leadership of situation and remediation plan.
- Minimize technical exposure and risk on projects.
- Technical deliverables (i.e., code and documentation) on projects assigned.
- Translate detailed Requirements and Design and Solution Architecture deliverables into detailed design specifications.
- Assign tasks to developers.
- Review of code completed.
- Review performance of developers.
- Make assessments of contractor abilities.
- Proactively anticipate project issues before they occur; define the problem; identify possible causes; work with team to identify solutions; select and implement most appropriate solution.
- Apply judgment in implementing Application Engineering methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability.
Skills and attributes for success
- Solid interpersonal communication and team skills required to operate as a contributing member of global technical teams that deliver quality services.
- Strong technical skills designing, developing, debugging, documenting, and implementing applications.
- Strong knowledge and experience in all IT methodologies and life cycles that will be used.
- Possesses an understanding of IT Services: service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on service offerings and products provided by IT.
- Good level of communication skill in English is mandatory.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and/or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of hands on experience leading a team of developers either onshore or offshore - defining work breakdown structures/tasks, assigning the team work items, monitoring and ensuring quality and adherence to standards etc…
- At least 6 years of relevant hands on work experience building, securing, integrating and delivering enterprise-wide web applications using Microsoft and other technologies for large organizations on complex projects.
- 5+ years of ASP.Net MVC, ASP.Net Web Forms and Win Forms experience
- 5+ years of experience of working with applications that have a SQL Server backend (SQL Server 2012 and newer).
- 5+ years of experience with Team Foundation Server or similar.
- 5+ years of experience with Object-Relational Mappers such as Entity Framework or NHibernate
- Experience working with Azure or other cloud providers
- Experience with MongoDB or other document databases, WCF, WPF, VBA and SharePoint would be a plus
- Experience of developing on Mobile platforms
- Knowledge of Message Bus architecture e.g. MSMQ and Computer architecture including multi-threading would be ideal
- Experience or familiarity with Actor model frameworks such as Microsoft Orleans Framework or Akka.Net would be ideal
- Knowledge and experience with working on N-Tier'd applications.
- In-depth knowledge of object oriented analysis and design (OOAD) principles, and familiarity with many design patterns for Software applications.
- Experience working with vendors or 3rd parties providing development services is a nice to have
- Ability to work within diverse, global, virtual teams.
- Proven ability to thrive under pressure
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Medical Cover by LuxMed
- Life Insurance
- Work from home bonus
- Global language platform goFluent
- Free access to Udemy, Skillsoft and other platforms
- Intelectual Property Tax Benefit
- Benefit system
Multisport card, cinema and theatre tickets, ahopping vouchers and more to choose from
- Social benefit fund
- Charity programs
- Business casual dresscode
- Access to the office space
As per needs in respect to safety quidelines
- Referral program
1500-5000PLN gross for successful employment of reffered person
- EY Badges program
And minimum of 40h per year for every empoloyee for Develompent activities
- Car allowance
- Additional bonuses
Christmas, Child Day and other occassional vouchers and gifts
- Additional budget for trainings and certificates
Microsoft, ACCA, CIMA, Tech MBA, ServiceNow, SAP, Project Maagement, Cyber Security and more