Aon plc is looking for an IT SOX Manager for the Global SOX Team, both in the Business Processes and IT controls. The position will be based in Krakow, Poland.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world. As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
You will be assisting in the execution of Aon plc’s SOX program in accordance with COSO 2013 framework as well as participate in evaluating, reinforcing, and promoting the SOX 404 and 302 standards, documentation requirements, control design evaluation, and effectiveness testing.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Review and/or perform end to end SOX activities, including scoping, controls documentation, remediation, and reporting.
- Communicate effectively with audit partners (Internal and External) and assist in evaluating, monitoring, and resolving material findings.
- Clearly articulate to key stakeholders and Senior Management findings, related impact to the company and solutions for issues.
- Evaluate risks and assist with control design for new system implementations, including: assessing the SOX processes and financial impact.
- Drive enhancement to the SOX program by challenging status quo.
- Coordinate closely with Finance Process Teammates to assess in-scope SOX Applications and assessment of findings
How this opportunity is different
This is a high profile position with opportunity for exposure to Senior Management. You will be interacting with business and process owners and be able to mentor and coach junior staff members. Aon plc views the individual in this position as a subject matter expert in IT as well as risks and controls.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Bachelor's degree required. Major in Accounting, Computer Information Systems, or Management Information Systems is preferred.
- 2+ years of prior relevant audit experience, preferably including SOX and IT audits (ITGC, network security, DB, etc.). At least 2 years public accounting experience (Big 4 is preferred).
- Professional Certification such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CRISC, CFE or similar strongly preferred.
- Proven execution and project management of an end to end SOX program with strong IT controls experience
- Good understanding of risks and controls, with a strong understanding of commonly used internal control frameworks, including COSO and COBIT.
- Detail oriented and be able to work well under pressure and accustomed to project management work with tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate effectively across regional and functional lines.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong technical knowledge is required (ERP such as PeopleSoft, WorkDay, etc).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications with primary emphasis on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Secondary emphasis on Visio and Access.
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.