Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
- Processing system access & plan template requests from the rest of the team
- Troubleshooting ad hoc system issues
- Working with software vendor on system resolution
- Contributing to and building monthly reporting in both excel and power BI solutions
- Building ad hoc reports for team use and management reporting as needed
- Monitoring team mailbox for system issues or program questions
- Designing new system capabilities through change management process
- Pushing and pulling data from system through upload processes
A typical day would be spent processing system requests for new users and plans. There are also frequently requests to upload data to ensure core data tables and plan information is accurate. We are also constantly working on reporting enhancements as well so intermediate to advanced excel knowledge is required and Power BI / other business intelligence tool experience would also be valued. Finally as system administrators our project work is centered around software enhancements. We will design new forms, fields and reports to better connect information in our plan building, general software design experience would be a plus.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- 2+ years of technical business analysis or systems analysis experience
- Solid understanding of the full SDLC
- Experience gathering requirements for IT applications
- Solid understanding/experience with SQL or another relational database
- Working with reporting and MS Excel (Run Lookups, Pivots and Charts)
- Extensive documentation experience (requirements, process maps, use cases, change orders, etc.)
- Ability to create high-level test scenarios and review detailed test scripts
- Previous experience supporting technical systems
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills and client facing
- Strong ability to manage vendor relationships
- Basic understanding of financial terms and metrics
- Experience with data flow and process flow diagramming
- Experience working within a structured environment
- Diverse and inclusive workplace - we value openness and authenticity and believe in the power of feedback
- Flexible remote work environment
- Employee-appreciation culture (multiple recognition programs)
- The best medical cover on the market with free dental care
- Wellbeing awareness (access to free mental health helpline, Stay-Well Day off, lectures, sports and more)
- Generous benefits package (personal accident insurance, benefit platform for vouchers and more)
- Internal career opportunities, individual development plan, professional development training and resources
- Lots of social events, charity actions and opportunities to integrate with colleagues
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.