Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
EY’s Next Wave strategy recognizes the rapidly growing role software and 3rd party platform solutions play in EYs core business activities. This will leverage all aspects of multi-cloud, AI, SaaS and advanced applications to create advantage for EY and our customers.
Aligned with that, software and cloud solution licensing and related cost and risk considerations play a vital role in EYs future, with technology increasingly at the heart of our services.
EY has developed a world class Software Asset Management (SAM) function within its Supply Chain Services (SCS) organization, tightly coupled with procurement, vendor management and accounts payable departments to support our business and their use of licensed software.
More recently, SCS has formed a 3rd Party Software Centre of Excellence. a virtual cross functional team specifically designed to drive synergy and positive strategic change into the way we contract, cost recover, and control these assets.
Internally we have 330,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external applications delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization, one aspect of which is EYs top of industry investment in almost all Microsoft products and platforms.
Supply Chain Services (SCS) - brings a consistent approach, negotiating and managing contracts across EY, including procurement, vendor management and accounts payable functions in one organisation.
Global Software Asset Management (SAM) at EY is part of the above Supply Chain Services team, accountable for targeted optimisation of complex, high value software contracts which underpin our business. Our services are provided to EY service lines, Client Technology, Enterprise Technology and Infosec organisations in the form of advice, projects, and ongoing managed services.
Software Asset Management (SAM) team ensures software value is optimized, supporting new contract negotiation, renewals, license harvesting, access controls, audit defense scenarios and many other aspects.
The SAM team seeks a senior, highly experienced Senior Software Licensing and SAM leader to join our management team, collaborating with a 15-20 person SAM function to proactively drive the maximum value from these contracts, complementing the existing teams’ skills.
Building on the successes of recent years, this role is part of the senior team, a specialist who will work closely with existing line managers, stakeholders, and team members. The primary focus of this role will however be to engage with new requests and projects relating to licensing risk and opportunity, assuring the quality of work, designing solutions, managing engagements, and achieving the best commercial outcomes for EY.
The successful candidate will need to be a strong communicator, experienced people and task manager, a licensing specialist experienced with a wide range of vendors and have good process and service design experience. You should be very familiar with Service Management concepts, since SaaS / IaaS / PaaS cloud delivery is rapidly growing as the largest agreement type within EYs portfolio and be able to demonstrate excellent contract interpretation and risk assessment experience.
You must also possess the commercial, analytical and negotiation skills necessary to lead audit defense engagements in often tense projects with sometimes hostile software vendors.
You will be directly involved with some of the largest most complex software licensing contracts in the world, across a wide range of global class vendors. EYs portfolio is some $800m of annual software spend.
This will be a great opportunity for candidates seeking exposure to EYs senior leadership community. You can make a real financial difference for EY in this role, and it will present significant career growth opportunity into EYs PPEDD leadership community.
The role will require occasional travel, in country and internationally including India, US, UK or other destinations, but in the main will be home and occasionally office based (London).
Your key responsibilities
- Lead our SAM team in engagements and build strong trusted relationships with stakeholders
- Operating as a confident subject matter expert and trusted advisor in the domain of software licensing and optimization.
- Designing and implementing approaches to software optimization to meet internal client requirements according to specific organizational and technology environments.
- Leading teams to deliver SAM engagements for internal clients, ensuring that the agreed scope of work is delivered to the required standards, reporting to one of the practice's partners or directors.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realize their full potential.
- Quality assuring the team's work.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects in order to meet profitability targets.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A technical degree or technical qualification
- 6-10+ years of proven experience in Software Asset and License Management working in large corporate environment
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work under pressure
- Intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into workable solutions which can then be delivered
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills
- The ability to quickly establish credibility with peers and stakeholders
- Strong stakeholder and supplier management skills
- Proven experience of Software Contract Analysis and Reporting methodology
- Proven experience of leading cross-functional teams, conflict resolution and supplier performance management
- Knowledge and proven experience of managing legacy perpetual license agreements alongside new subscription-based models (e.g., Software as a Service)
- Proven track record of leading resolution of software license compliance issues, minimising financial impacts
- Commercial mindset - high value / business contract and license process expertise including ongoing commercial management, re-negotiation, and execution for multi-£M spend
- Commercial awareness of delivering results to improve competitive advantage and profit margins
- Experience of planning, budgeting, and implementation)
- Financial acumen - proven experience of managing to budgets
- Market and industry awareness - depth and breadth of knowledge within the IT industry
- Proven abilities to manage server software licensing models and product use rights across major software vendors.
- Experience in working with and understanding core licensing terms for high-value software contracts with vendors such as Microsoft, IBM, and Oracle
- Experience in Cloud consumption management, ability to identify cost saving opportunities and optimization
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Microsoft Certification (e.g., MCP SAM)
- Big 4 experience and training
- At least three years’ experience in the delivery of Software License reviews/audits
- Experience of working internationally
What we look for
- The ability to thrive in an environment of constructive peer challenge, and strong collaboration
- To be successful in this role, you must be an intelligent self-starter with a positive can-do attitude who takes ownership and responsibility of their work
- You should be able to work effectively in a home/remote office environment
- You should enjoy learning new things in a rapid changing international environment with many deliverables and competing priorities and stakeholders
- You will be someone willing to constructively challenge, yet reach a positive balance with EY’s best interests at the core of your decision making
- You should have truly excellent communication skills, able to communicate with a wide range of people, roles, and seniorities confidently and concisely
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Medical Cover by LuxMed
- Life Insurance
- Work from home bonus
- Global language platform goFluent
- Free access to Udemy, Skillsoft and other platforms
- Intelectual Property Tax Benefit
- Benefit system
Multisport card, cinema and theatre tickets, ahopping vouchers and more to choose from
- Social benefit fund
- Charity programs
- Business casual dresscode
- Access to the office space
As per needs in respect to safety quidelines
- Referral program
1500-5000PLN gross for successful employment of reffered person
- EY Badges program
And minimum of 40h per year for every empoloyee for Develompent activities
- Car allowance
- Additional bonuses
Christmas, Child Day and other occassional vouchers and gifts
- Additional budget for trainings and certificates
Microsoft, ACCA, CIMA, Tech MBA, ServiceNow, SAP, Project Maagement, Cyber Security and more