Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions –the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
As a R&D Project Manager you will be responsible for driving strategic complex leading-edge R&D product development projects across multiple development sites. Your role will be to deliver to customer, business and internal stakeholders expectations as wells as R&D department objectives. The R&D Project Leader will oversee all engineering disciplines of the project and collaborate with cross functional leads for overall Business success. Projects can range from the development of new platforms to major incremental capabilities added to released products.
Projects are lead through structural approach, using standard methodology and best practices approach to ensure the seamless and effective integration of new products, services and applications.
You are a part of the passionate and driven Global Business Services (GBS) business group.
You are responsible for
- End-to-End managing of projects to develop medical products delivering new innovative clinical solutions. From initial concept start until delivery, introduction in the Market, stabilization, and transfer.
- Responsible for gaining agreements on and achieving project objectives, balancing aggressive goals on schedule, investment, quality, product cost, scope and performance requirements.
- Business partner focused on maximization of the added value for customers and business.
- Manages multi-site projects in international setting with several disciplines, technical and non-technical. Responsible for synergy between the sub-projects.
- Leads multiple sub-project project leaders
- Identifies and Manages project risks and roadblocks. Establishes strong operating mechanisms which include clear and timely communication and escalation within R&D and the business leadership team and stakeholders to resolve critical project risks with urgency.
- Ensures deliverables are met and in accordance with Quality Management System and Business policies
- Manages Communication and Escalations to Program and Business Stakeholders
- Leverage well developed interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive working relationships with functional groups throughout the organization.
- Keeps abreast of developments in project management tools and processes (both internal and external).
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
- Master's degree, or equivalent
- Has > 5 years of Project Management experience in product development or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-discipline and geographically distributed teams
- Self-driven leader that finds solutions for complex project challenges with multiple constraints
- Outstanding soft-skills, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong work ethics with a passion for quality, Lean and business efficiency
- PMP certificate (or equivalent) will be a strong asset
- Excellent command of English (both verbal and written)
In return, we offer you
The unique combination of a business-critical, challenging role in a creative, empowering environment. Your professional development will be actively encouraged, so you can continue to grow and perform at your best, while being part of helping improve the lives of billions of people around the world.
- Annual bonus based on performance achieved
- Private medical care with option to extend it to family members
- Benefit System cards
- Discount for Philips’ products
- Wide variety of trainings & learning opportunities, including language upskill
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle in the office (fruits twice / week in the office, gym, massage chairs, various events)
How we work at Philips?
There are three core ways that define our ways of working – embracing flexibility, being at our best, and impactful collaboration. We believe this enables us to deliver an outstanding experience to our customers and create the best place to work for people who share our passion.
We know just how important direct interactions are and work is more engaging when we are more frequently face-to-face, and that we experience better collaboration which drives innovation. While we have many different types of roles across Philips most require a combination of in-person collaboration with colleagues and partners, usually at a Philips location, and individual focus time, which can be done remotely.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Visit our careers website to explore what it’s like working at Philips, read stories from our employee blog, find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions.