Who we are looking for
The Global Credit Finance (GCF) team oversees a portfolio of 5 different credit products with an $85BN credit capacity. Its 120+ member team operates in the US and EMEA with offices in Boston, Irvine (California), London and Munich. Global Credit Finance’s aim is twofold: to attract and retain clients of State Street through the use of the firm’s balance sheet; and to add income and diversification to the company’s portfolio of on and off-balance sheet investments. Our products include Fund Finance, Municipal Finance, Commercial Real Estate, Leveraged Loans, and Stable Value Wrap.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
GCF has a fun, flexible and “start-up” like team culture that exists within a much larger organization. A successful Officer will benefit from mentorship from senior members of the team to develop/exchange robust reporting, credit administration, underwriting and portfolio management skills, plus exposure to an array of strategic initiatives to propel growth of the businesses.
What you will be responsible for
As a Global Credit Finance, Officer will
- Execute FR Y 14Q Schedule H production process to provide required files to centralized State Street Corporation Regulatory Reporting team including; start of reporting cycle data, initial validation and preparation of regulatory reporting schedules, coordinating with subject matter experts to resolve discrepancies and validate data, and maintaining and submitting documentation
- Review legal documentation and supporting schedules for new and amended deals on an ongoing basis, interpret to determine appropriate reportable values for various regulatory reporting requirements, and ensure accurate and timely data capture
- Recommend and implement modifications of reporting logic based on complex analysis of portfolio data
- Ensure data quality oversight and analysis by adhering to and executing controls
- Assist with responses to internal and external reviews of GCF regulatory reporting and execution of remediation plans
- Collaborate with all GCF stakeholders and partners
- Understand, participate in and work in accordance with GCF operating strategy.
- Analyze and document operational reporting processes and controls.
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects as needed
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance or Accounting preferred
- 3-5 years of financial services experience
- Established English written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in data management and reporting
- Familiarity with credit lending products is required
- Working knowledge of the syndicated bank loan market and systems
- Ability to think critically to understand existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas to internal and external audiences
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, advanced experience in Excel