Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
Join us to build your professional career within the company that improves people’s lives.
As an Intern at Philips you will be a part of GBS Academy, which is designed as a fast-tracked career pathway for students in an international and diverse environment to support Philips business functions in day-to-day operations. It offers structured professional development with on-the-job and soft-skills training, and networking opportunities in the graduate community.
In this program, you have the opportunity to
Do your part-time internship within the Purchase to Pay department, and be supported in developing business skills, including practical communication skills, business acumen, time management, Microsoft Office, and much more. The exposure to the different functional areas will enable the development of skills and abilities that drives value for both Philips and our customers.
You will use your language skills on a daily basis while cooperating with our partners across European markets. After those 6 months you will be not only perfectly prepared for the role of Trainee, but as well, in the case of exceptional performance, for the regular, junior position.
What is the Team of Purchase to Pay?
The function is at the heart of Philips Finance, ensuring calm control of core financial processes for Philips such as monitoring of invoice processing and payments. Team’s objectives are to ensure accounting integrity and transparency combined with reliable and predictable quality. Drives standardization, simplification and operational excellence.
The GBS ACADEMY consists of
- New Employee Orientation Program
- 6-12 weeks of functional training
- Targeted learning focused on soft skills tailored to the needs of Young Professionals
- Career coaching and professional development tools
- Networking opportunities
You are responsible for
- Support global projects in the accounting area
- Contacting suppliers to confirm correct data
- Perform easy daily activities in SAP and Excel such as entering and verifying invoices
- Investigating root causes of issues, proposing (and implementing) solutions
- Reporting and following up on assigned issues
To succeed in this role, you should:
- Currently studying towards your University Degree, ideally related to Finance, Economics or Business Administration
- Be fluent in English (at least B2)
- Express availability to work 40 hours/ week
- Have basic knowledge level of Excel and Word
- Show the ability to work independently, while being a team player at heart
- Bo open to change and new challenges
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and develop
In return, we offer you
A unique and challenging experience during 6 months at GBS, working for an employer whose activities have a major positive impact on people all over the world.
- 6-months internship based on civil contract with competitive remuneration
- Flexible working hours, easily adaptable to your University schedule
- Possibility to build your career in an international company that brings innovations that matter
- Work in an international environment and possibility to use English in everyday activities
- Opportunity to become a part of Campus Community that consists of more than 150 international students & graduates where you will have the possibility to participate in development sessions & trainings
- Discount for Multisport card, which enables you to use a wide range of sports and recreation facilities across Poland
How we work at Philips
Our newly-adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart – which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home – for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone’s in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn’t office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.