Business Intelligence Officer
We are looking for a junior quantitative analyst (Officer) to join the Business Intelligence (BI) function within the Global Credit Finance team for State Street’s rapidly growing credit finance lending business. In this role you will work closely with business leaders to build automated Finance processes, business intelligence dashboards and data pipelines that drive insights about the credit finance portfolio, it’s customers, identify opportunities for improvement, and shape strategic recommendations.
The ideal candidate individual should have excellent analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen, and strong comfort in working with business teams and systems. She or he will have passion for finance, data and analytics, be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity and less-than-perfect data and feeds, with strong attention to detail, possess an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and be driven by a desire to innovate State Street’s approach to this space.
- Engage with GCF Business Intelligence / Data leadership team and diversified stakeholder groups to understand their processes, data and analytics needs and recommend BI or data solutions.
- Develop detailed requirements for business dashboards used to drive key business decisions.
- Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. using the latest business intelligence tools like Tableau and Alteryx
- Build various data visualizations to tell the story of business trends, patterns, and outliers through rich visualizations.
- Design, implement, and support platforms that provide business teams ad-hoc access to large datasets (e.g. data visualization tools for non-tech business users).
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance or Economics
- Some relevant experience working at a financial services company or comparable experience working as an advisor to a financial services organization will be a plus
- Knowledge of a range of financial products, including loans, derivatives, equities, and fixed income is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of industries, including investment banking, broker-dealers, custody, fund administration and investment management would be helpful
- Working knowledge of Tableau and Alteryx
- Coding skills (e.g., Python) will be a plus
- Statistical and econometric modeling will be a plus
Skill Development Opportunities:
- An understanding of portfolio and product strategy within Finance
- Understanding of balance sheet nuances as applicable to the credit lending division
- Develop mastery of the latest business intelligence and data pipeline tools
- Ability to make a significant impact in building out the BI function
- Communication skills with senior management
- Be instrumental in building out the BI function of the team, creating key data sets and drive portfolio analytics
- Work on portfolio product and client mix optimization effort. Learn and deploy optimization skills in multi-dimensional problem setting
- Establish working relationships both inside of GCF and across the business partners (Treasury, ERM, etc.)