Who we are looking for:
Contributor to build and maintain one or more of Charles River’s web applications, components, or products. Provide engineering expertise for a given product area within the team and across the Engineering organization. Deliver support and assistance to customers and other teams within Charles River.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation cloud native web applications using emerging technologies sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Work under minimal supervision to analyze, design, develop, test, and debug small to medium software enhancements and solutions within Charles River’s business and technical problem domains
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Managers to turn business requirements of moderate complexity into working and sustainable software
- Participate in the design of product architecture within the team’s scope of responsibility
- Provide thoughtful insight and suggestions in code reviews
- Write unit and automation tests to ensure a high-quality product
- Identify ways of improving development test methodologies contribute to and related test methodology frameworks
- Conduct manual tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Contribute to written design and API documentation, and participate in customer documentation process
- Actively participate in the agile software development process by adhering to the CRD scrum methodology including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
Participate in cross-team group activities to complete assignments
- B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study required. MS degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional software engineering experience
- A minimum of 3 years of development experience with Single Page Application (SPAs) using React and Angular.
- Experience with prominent React packages and best practices, including Redux and RxJs.
- Familiarity with test standard and popular supporting frameworks such as Jest, Cypress, and Jasmine
- Extensive familiarity with the NodeJS ecosystem, including NPM and/or Yarn.
- Must have experience delivering single page applications in cloud-based deployments with major cloud vendors (Azure preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented programming (JAVA and/or C#), compiler or interpreter technologies, embedded systems, operating systems, relational databases (RDBMS), scripting and new/advanced programming languages
- Experience in financial services developing solutions for Portfolio Management, Trading, Compliance, Post-Trade, IBOR or Wealth Management is strongly desired
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities involving multi-tiered, high-performance database applications
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop simple software solutions to business and technical problems of high complexity
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well with peers in a collaborative team environment
- A minimum of 3 years working with an Agile development methodology
- May be required on a limited basis.