The Data Operations and Solutions Team (DOST), serves as a techno-functional team that drives data related projects and the overall data strategy for Finance. DOST owns key data aggregators that support numerous downstream processes across both Risk and Finance, drives data solutions to ensure consistent use of authoritative sources of data, and implements effective governance and controls for management of data across the data supply chain.
This role will join a group of Business and Data Analysts within DOST that will cover the following areas:
Project work in support of Credit Risk for both change the bank and run the bank activities
This role will have extensive visibility across the Credit Risk team in supporting change management and daily operations of their key systems and processes, including data management activities. It is the role of DOST to guide downstream consumers of data to the appropriate strategic solution and to leverage existing infrastructure and authoritative sources where possible.
The following are skills/ experience the individual must possess:
- Development of Business requirements in support of change the bank and run the bank activities
- Identify and understand relationships among problems, issues, and data.
- Serve as a liaison between business users and various development teams
- Document project requirements using clear, concise language, consistent with the appropriate methodologies
- Run meetings/workshops to explain and walk through business needs – assist in translating into business requirements
- Define and deliver test strategy, plans, and acceptance criteria
- Must be able to work under minimal direction
- Clear understanding of BCBS 239 Principles and best practices regarding data management
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology, finance, business or equivalent, MBA preferred
- 5 years related experience in Credit Risk Management projects and processes, including BCBS 239 best practices
- Knowledge of balance sheet financial products
- Knowledge of SDLC and Project Management methodologies
- Knowledge of data warehousing, data mart, database design, ETL, and BI tools
- Attention to detail and problem solving a must
- Excellent system and functional testing capabilities
- Excellent (clear and concise) verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with business and systems personnel
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools Word, Excel, Project, and Visio is required
- Strong collaboration and partnership behavior with a bias toward action.
- Proficiency with SQL and Python is preferrable