Why this role is important for us?
The candidate will be expected to support the day to day running of the team, with responsibility for the provision of a premier service standard to the State Street IMS client base.
- Overseeing all aspects of the trade confirmation, settlement, reconciliation investigation, IBOR integrity and ALERT maintenance processes for our EMEA aligned business.
- Products range includes Equities, Fixed Income, REPO, Clean Cash, NPV’s, Novations, Spot & Forward FX transactions, and Unitised Funds.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you will be responsible for
- Ensure that our trade confirmation teams are managing the process sufficiently throughout the working day and clearing all exceptions from the relevant system queues prior to EOD and in conjunction with custodian, market and client deadlines. Sensitivity to be applied to high risk markets and currencies.
- Monitor reporting from our offshore teams located predominantly in Poland and India in relation to unmatched/failed trades. Demonstrate an awareness of market / settlement risk for any exceptions listed. Provide guidance to the team and escalate as appropriate to internal management and broker / custodian relationship managers / clients.
- Work closely with our Trade Investigation team on stock and cash reconciliation breaks that pertain to trade related activity. Observe client SLA levels for break clearance assist JV partners navigate the various areas of State Street to achieve closure.
- Ensure close monitoring of teams responsible for manual input of transaction into IMS IBOR offering, RKS. Encourage timely and accurate input to minimise errors on client book of records.
- Assist the centralised ALERT maintenance team with system knowledge and accesses to ensure client SSI records are loaded in a timely and accurate manner. Observe upcoming market event that may result in peaks of SSI change activity.
- Assist team leads & management to create a high standard of Governance & Control with regards to offshored processes. This includes, but is not limited to, review of daily email inboxes, monitoring of system queues and team reporting, logging and recording of errors in relevant IMS platforms, weekly touch point discussions with offshore partners and involvement of the monthly governance process.
- Work collaboratively to build trusted working relationships via close liaison with internal cross functional global teams including Database Management, Corporate Actions, Reconciliation and IT, as well as London based Business Control team and client facing Business Management team. Also critical to build effective direct working relationships with client Middle and Front Office teams.
- Observe SSC wide and IMS led Business Control procedures and policies regarding manual instruction authentication, storage of SSI / BDI, usage of key controls performed by macros.
- The role holder will also be responsible for the support of timely and accurate KPI, KRI and general MIS, as well as input into the process of broker performance management, supporting regular review meetings where required.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
The individual must display the capability to be highly detail-oriented and motivated, be able to adopt an analytical approach to data output and display a high standard of accuracy and professionalism at all times. First class written and verbal communication skills are essential to maintaining both internal and external stakeholder and client relationships. The candidate will be expected to display the ability to work well within a deadline driven team environment. Prior knowledge of trade confirmation / settlement / STP is extremely beneficial, as is experience using Omgeo CTM, GTSS (for Foreign Exchange) and local middleware matching products. Intermediate Excel, Word and Power Point skills preferred.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
Candidates for this position will ideally have gained at least three years of direct experience processing domestic and international Equity, Fixed Income, Cash Deposit, Clean Cash, NPV’s, Novations, Spot and Forward FX transactions within a similar Investment Management organisation, Broker-Dealer or Global Custodian, or will have been educated to a comparable level. Previous Oversight experience is also desirable.
What we offer
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programms
Apply today – we are committed to teaching you the ropes for your successful career in State Street
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.