Who we are looking for
As a Depositary Operations Specialist you will engage in various projects, special analysis and initiatives relating to technical aspects of the Depositary business.
You will act as a process Subject Matter Expert and provide technical support to Depositary Manager and the respective team to ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
You will be joining the Institutional Services function that allows us to deliver a comprehensive, holistic approach to each client relationship — for asset managers and asset owners, insurance companies, and official institutions globally. It means our client-facing functions work together to bring the very best solutions and services the firm has to offer — across all of our locations, products, and capabilities.
Join us if making your mark on the long-lasting client relationships we build is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Depositary Operations Specialist you will:
- Actively review and prepare Depositary tasks (Cash Monitoring, Oversight, Safekeeping)
- Liaise with clients (internal & external) and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Assists Manager in the organization of the Team and in ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to.
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action. Ensure the Issues log is updated and track progress.
- Support Manager to ensure that accurate KPI are created and disseminated to the Donor site on a regular Service Review Meetings
- Provide technical support to Depositary teams.
- Take responsibility for analysis and planning of Depositary Functional Operating Model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practice.
- Take a leading role in the review of corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls across client groups. Evaluate their continuing effectiveness and accuracy. Initiate remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Participate as technical SME in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products relating to the ongoing business transformation process. Provide regular progress reports and give feedback during project meetings.
- Act as central point of contact for technical issues encountered in the daily business. Track issue trends and escalate as needed. Contribute to “open surgery” sessions for technical issue resolution.
- Provide technical and planning support for new business transitions to Poland. Ensure proper governance and controls are in place. Perform post-transition analysis to identify process gaps.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Project management skills
- Extensive knowledge of Excel
- Power Query, VBA, SQL, Xceptor experience would be an advantage
- A thorough understanding of fund administration is required
- Excellent English.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Graduate from Accountancy or Business related degree (preferred)
- 3+ year experience in Depositary / Accounting / Custody/ Reconciliation/ Fund Administration
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.