The Business Process Analyst II is responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement and for cost avoidance/savings through comprehensive analysis of current processes and procedures. The Analyst will conduct business process analysis/design, needs assessments and cost benefit analysis for business process modifications/additions. The incumbent will also be responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement and translating those needs into system requirements and clearly defining the scope of the solution as it applies.
- Identifies, researches, and pursues process improvements. Conducts advanced business process analysis/design.
- Defines business needs, translating those needs into high level business requirements and clearly defining the scope of the solution as it applies.
- Analyzes data from different angles for the purpose of improving efficiencies, decreasing costs or improving quality.
- Prepares business cases for recommending new projects.
- Actively participates in several major business improvement/development projects simultaneously.
- Ensures all corporate improvements documentation requirements are met.
- Creates and delivers presentations on impact of proposed process modifications to leadership/personnel.
- Provides a comprehensive list and overview of activities and tasks with detailed timeframes for incorporation into the overall project schedule/plan.
- Attends kick off meetings, regular conference calls and actively manage all customer care related business process analysis tasks assigned.
- Interacts with cross-departmental management teams to ensure assigned/necessary project work is accomplished.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Lean, 6 Sigma or similar improvements methodology experience/education/certification, preferred
- 3+ years of demonstrated process improvement, continuous improvement and/or process analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to gather, organize, write and communicate detailed business requirements, functional specifications.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to identify complex problems and recommend solutions.
- Proven ability to identify new techniques/technology and concepts that can add value to business processes.
- Proven ability to identify, support and execute change.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to create clear and effective documentation for business and process decisions.
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Project.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse and changing environment.
- Project coordination/management experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of call center processes and technologies, preferred.
- Extensive job knowledge of MoneyGram processes in multiple functional areas and at varying levels of responsibility, preferred.