Why this role is important to us
Focus on risk mitigation within the first line of defense through process and controls deep dives, business process mapping, controls monitoring and design of effective controls
What you will be responsible for
- Take responsibilities and be accountable to management for appropriately assessing and effectively managing risks associated with the first line of defense’s activities
- Maintain effective risk and control management programs
- Organize and drive the successful and timely completion of Process and Controls Reviews and or Business Process Mapping, including the identification and resolution of risks and issues or operational inefficiencies
- Self-identify risk and issues, analyse their root causes, implement timely corrective actions and continuously monitor risk
- Monitor remediation steps and corrective action plans from control review findings to implementation
- Work in conjunction across First Line of Defense as well as business partners to resolve issues and ensure accuracy of accountabilities and adherence to policies/regulations/guidelines
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence and role model ethical behaviour and decision making
- Be accountable for providing a holistic view of risk and controls for Compliance Risk and Operational Risk
- Provide strong management reporting. Monitor, actively manage and report risk and compliance issues. Timely escalate any risk matters to senior management
- Establish strong relationships with key stakeholders including Business Risk Management and controls owners
- Perform other duties delegated by the supervisor
- Employee is made accountable for all his job duties and State Street’s property entrusted to him.
- Employee's responsibility concerns at equal degree entrusted duties, decisions taken and the initiative required at the given position.
- Employee is responsible at equal degree for decisions taken and not taken when the situation requires that.
- Employee commits not to disclose any information that might be considered as confidential for the Employer.
- Employee is obliged to comply with all regulations and procedures concerning Health and Safety, environmental protection and company's directions in this domain.
- Employee does his best to make the work environment and culture safe for him and his colleagues
What we value
- Experience in risk and control management
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, to various situations and audiences
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to challenge and influence
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written)
- Professional maturity, enthusiasm, flexibility and proactive approach
- Ability to lead or work on large global cross functional project
- Ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment
- Open to change
- Excellent organizational skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Master degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of equivalent work experience
- Experience in project leading/management will be an advantage
- Preferred background in Financial Services
- Experience in Control, Compliance, Risk Management
- As relates to Employee’s job related task and duties Employee is responsible towards his direct Superior.
- All issues with which Employee turns to the one level up Manager should have been discussed with his direct Superior.
- Employee has the right to appeal from every decision of his direct Superior to the one level up Manager.
What we offer
- Permanent contract from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- VIP medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programms