Aon Sp. z o.o.
Are you an experienced Data Engineer who is interested in gaining exposure to cutting edge technologies with an innovative and forward-thinking approach? Do you have experience leading or managing a team of Data Engineers? If so, this may be the role for you!
This is a hyabrid role with the flexibility to work both virtually and from our Dublin office.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
The Data Engineering and Operations Manager, reporting to the Head of Data Services, will be part of the Data Services team and will support the design and development of data solutions that enable the delivery of the ACIA’s analytical objectives. Main responsibilities will include:
- Manage and work with a team of Engineers in collaboration with Aon’s business teams to define and deliver data solutions that enable and enhance ACIA’s reporting and analytical capabilities
- Design, develop, test, tune, deploy data pipeline solutions and hand off to support teams to operate
- Interface with key business stakeholders to gather data integration requirements and develop solutions accordingly
- Contribute to the logical/physical design and development of new/existing data marts/models
- Maintain up to date Technical and Operational documentation
- Manage task list and communicate updates to stakeholders and team members following an Agile Scrum methodology
- Work as key member of the core team to support the timely and efficient delivery of critical data integration deliverables
How this opportunity is different
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Engineer who wishes to broaden their role by leading a team of Engineers who will work across multiple data and analytics projects. This role will allow one to support the career development of their team while supporting our transition to Snowflake and Databricks and to work with product teams delivering critical new innovations across Aon.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Third level IT qualification or equivalent experience
- 5+ years hands on experience as an ETL/DWH developer with strong knowledge in designing, developing, and delivering end-to-end data integration processes for large scale data warehouses
- 2-3 years' experience in programming experience with Scala, SPARKSQL and Python
- Experience in AWS technologies - S3, EMR, Redshift (+Spectrum), RDS, Apache Airflow
- Customer focused with excellent communications skills (both oral and written)
- A strong team player that can also work independently
- 2 years’ experience as a team lead or manager of a team of Data/ETL engineers
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.