Who we are looking for
The AVP of Procurement is an important role within State Street’s Global Procurement Team and is responsible for development and implementation of the category strategy for IT Software. Category manager will be a part of the global category strategy team that develops and implements an effective, creative and functional category strategies.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Category Manager – IT Software you will
- Develop and implement an effective, creative and functional software strategy in line with business unit/corporate goals.
- Support the business and drive vendor strategy and work with colleagues through the contract negotiation process in alignment with the enterprise.
- Lead negotiations in complex, high impact or volatile situations involving high business risk, and achieve optimal price/performance and price/quality ratio to realize structural savings.
- Serve as escalation contact for internal stakeholders and external providers as required
- Work with internal teams to ensure a streamlined sourcing process, minimizing time to market for new market data requests, and ensure contract and licensing obligations meet the business needs.
- Engage and work closely with business partners and management on strategic sourcing requirements cultivate 3rd party relationships, coordinating data and functionality requirements, projects, priorities, and timelines in order to develop the appropriate solutioning advice. addition to driving the commercial aspects of these vendor engagements.
- Heavily contribute to P&L and Cost Avoid savings for the team
- Analyze data to identify opportunities to reduce existing cost base
- Coordinate, prepare and manage RFx/competitive bids to optimize cost and service
- Use a white glove approach in stakeholder management to provide advice and guidance within software sourcing
- A strong understanding of all facets of software models (on prem, cloud – SaaS/PaaS/IaaS, perpetual, subscription, importance of maintenance levels, etc.)
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- 8 years strategic sourcing experience in IT Software is a must
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or technology-related field preferred
- Ability to create software sourcing strategies and independently collect data
- Proven track record of delivering P&L saving projects
- Top level software commercial negotiation skills with ability to influence cross-functionally
- Prior in-depth experience negotiating with top technology vendors like Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, Citrix and Red Hat
- Proven self-starter who can work independently and within a team while effectively juggling multiple priorities
- Understanding of best in class procurement, risk, Information Security and payable processes
- Personal resilience to work within an extremely fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Strong strategic thinker and problem solver with attention to detail
- Established written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage challenging stakeholders diplomatically