Job Reference #
Kraków, Mumbai, Wroclaw
Are you excited to work with a global Data Analytics team with diverse backgrounds and talents? Can you apply your technical skills to help quantify business risks? Do you enjoy the challenge of converting a business hypothesis into an analytics approach?
We’re looking for a data analyst like that who can:
• Establish relationships with business stakeholders within GIA to meet the operational and analytics needs of the organization;
• Collaborate across business units with stakeholders, providing thought leadership, and driving day-to-day implementation of our analytics strategy;
• Take ownership of analytical products and proactively monitor the usage of these and adapt them to changing business requirements;
• Design, coordinate, and implement analytical business and technology solutions to support audit and innovation initiatives;
• Advise GIA stakeholders on analytical options to address their specific needs, including discussing potential analytical approaches to problems, associated costs and trade-offs and recommendations, and providing technical mentorship and coaching to auditors across all levels;
• Display strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership ability coupled with effective problem solving, conceptual thinking, quantitative and analytical skills.
You will be working in the Group Internal Audit team. GIA’s role, as an independent function, is to support UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management and the control environment within all business divisions and Corporate Center functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee.
We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people by driving career growth in and outside the department. As a Data Analyst, you will be a member of the global Innovation team working collaboratively across GIA to manage the design and delivery of analytics and innovation solutions.
• University degree;
• Experience (5-7 years) working as a data analyst / scientist; experience within the financial services industry preferred but not required; Knowledge of audit processes and risk management a plus;
• Strong analytics and reporting skills include experience in Python, Oracle SQL, Alteryx and Tableau; Python and other programming experience a plus;
• Excellent project management skills, and comfortable with managing multiple, concurrent projects;
• Experience in applying advanced data analytics / science techniques to solve business problems. Experience using Natural Language Processing / Generation, and Machine Learning would be desirable but not required;
• An interest and prior experience in building innovative data-driven solutions.
• Reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues;
• Able to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders on technical matters;
• Able to challenge the status quo, and propose practical new solutions and improvements;
• Keen to combine your business knowledge with a technical data analyst / scientist role.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.