Data Governance Expert
Compliance, Digital, Legal
Personal & Corporate Banking
Job Reference #
Kraków, Warsaw, Wroclaw
Would you like to play a key role in the development of our data management eco system? Are you excited about creating value by enabling data quality and clear definition of data for the business? Do you want to further develop your career in the direction of data management?
We are looking for a self-driven Expert in the area of data management to drive and coordinate the implementation of Data Governance for UBS Switzerland.
We're looking for someone like you too:
•interact with internal stakeholders and drive the identification and definition of our most important data elements, continuously extending the scope of data under management, ensuring data quality and simplicity of data usage
• analyze systems and data flows from a data management perspective
• act as a single point of contact for a group of data owners and ensure overall consistency and quality of metadata
• drive divisional requirements engineering for our common data governance platform and respective user acceptance testing
• drive data maintenance processes and act as a single point of contact for groups of data owners
• support the continuous data strategy implementation and development
• foster a culture of data centricity and data quality
You’ll be working in the Channels & Platforms team in our Wroclaw office with the option to work remotely during part of the work week. The Channels & Platforms (C&P) leads the transformation of processes and tools to future-proof our digital setup and provide best-in-class solutions to our internal and external clients. Within C&P, the Data & Reporting Solutions team and the Chief Data Office department manage a wide range of projects and provide analytical capabilities and subject matter expertise to identify impact and solutions for Wealth Management/Personal and Corporate Banking.
• a degree preferably in Science / Business Administration / Banking & Finance)
• minimum 4 years of experience in Data Governance
• experience in project management, ideally in combination with Business Analysis, at the interface between business and IT
• strong communication (verbally and written – incl. profound slide writing skills), organizational and conceptual skills
• very good knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Power Point) and Collibra; nice to have: SQL, Python, Alteryx
• fluent English (German would be an asset)
• able to cope with a dynamic and changing environment within a Matrix Organization and agile set-ups
• consensus driven yet assertive to lead projects to successful deliver
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.