Senior Java Engineer versed in Kotlin
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to join a team that blazes a trail for technology modernisation in banking? Do you aspire to work with colleagues who productionise microservice architecture concepts into enterprise scale solutions using Kafka streaming & in-motion analytics? Is having a global impact a personal objective?
Our team is undertaking an ambitious programme of wholesale platform renewal & product evolution underpinned by genuine digitalisation. We are looking for a talented Java engineer versed in Kotlin with API and back-end development skills who is motivated to build our next generation Post-Trade & Custody ecosystem based on services and integration in modern, programming paradigms.
- Contribute to the architecture and solution design to help drive product development.
- Collaborating with Scrum team to develop quality products; working closely together to understand the functionality and devise appropriate solutions.
- Continuously improve the CI/CD toolchain and services in close collaboration with fellow software engineers and central architecture team.
- Ensure production stability by providing quality solutions while providing L3 production support if required.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment with colleagues from globally diverse backgrounds and skillsets coming together to solve challenging problems as a team. The position is within our Trade and Transfer Assets stream closely collaborating with the part of Agile delivery units distributed across the globe. Our teams design, deliver and operate state-of-the-art financial systems that offer best-in-class services to the bank’s clients.
We are genuine believers that diversity brings more varied experience, expertise, and working methods to improve the way we engineer and deliver solutions. These turbulent times require flexibility and openness so please don’t let any concerns about immediate personal circumstances discourage your application. Indeed, we greatly value your upfront transparency around availability and personal commitments.
Ideally you will be able to walk us through your professional achievements demonstrating:
• Solid programming skills with modern front-end frameworks and React.js in particularly
• Solid understanding of state management technologies/approaches
• Experience of leveraging REST APIs to undertake application integration
• Experience with a Type Checking languages like TypeScript
• Experience in unit/e2e/regression testing
• Experience of using version control tooling (GIT)
• Excellent communication skills and experience in liaising with other teams
• Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
• A flexible, resilient team player with strong interpersonal skills taking initiative to drive things forward
The above and beyond elements of your profile highlight:
• Experience in RDBMS such as MS SQL or Postgres
• Knowledge of virtualization and containerization
• Knowledge of Cloud architecture such as Azure or AWS
• Experience as engineer working in a globally distributed team
• Experience working in a fast-paced Agile environment
• Domain knowledge of the financial tech
Your profile may also show the above and beyond elements such as:
- A positive attitude & willingness to learn & desire to improve the environment around you
- Track record as engineer working in a globally distributed team
- On-the-job examples of working in a fast-paced Agile environment
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.