Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you an experienced Automation Test Engineer who is looking for a challenging role in a fast-paced environment? Do you have a proven track record of working in the financial services industry. Are you capable of working on your own on complex problems or collaborating with a big team. Do you have a knack for problem solving? Do you have expertise in one or more automation technologies?
The Investment Portfolio Management team is part of the Investment Bank IT function. The team is responsible for a broad range of applications across Repo Trading, Inventory, Collateral Optimization and Transfer Pricing. Our role is to develop IT applications to meet the immediate and future needs of the GALM business.
• Experience of developing a java based test harness or making significant enhancements to an existing framework.
• Experience of writing automated tests in Java, preferably BDD using cucumber for Java
• Experience of integrating automated tests with using a CI/CD pipeline like GitLab/Teamcity/Jenkins.
• Demonstratable knowledge of applying testing processes and principles in an Agile environment.
• Ability to work with analysts and other subject matter experts, in a globally distributed team, to test changes to our trading application suite
• Ability to investigate complex scenarios and explain the results to other members in the team. This requires ability to check logs on UNIX systems, running SQL queries on databases, etc.
• Flexibility to support the team with various activities like automation, manual testing, QA procedures, release management .
• Ability to continuously learn about business and technology processes in order to test them and protect the reliability and integrity of front office applications
• Innovation skills to suggest ways to enhance our testing processes to make them more effective and efficient.
• Fluent with JIRA, Confluence, Share Point, Gitlab, Autosys, Unix, SQL Developer, TOAD, etc.
• Suggest process improvements to enhance our software quality.
• Ability to influence others in the team to follow existing and new procedures.
• Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
• Prior experience of working in the financial services industry on trading/front office systems.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.