Data Analyst Intern
The Data Analyst Intern will grow Stryker’s capabilities in data analytics and reporting. This position will be responsible for discovering information hidden in data to derive value for finance services, improve decision making, and build reporting solutions to enhance outcomes and economic value.
This position will be responsible for providing the organization with high-quality data analysis which will primarily be accessed through dashboards. This position will collaborate with stakeholders and apply sound judgment based on knowledge of the business to develop relevant dashboards.
This position will be responsible for providing automated, accurate data sets that will primarily be used within their reports and dashboards.
The Data Analyst will support projects and initiatives that give value to our teams and can generate efficiencies with analyzing, reporting, or review of data for metrics, KPIs, research, and data driven processes.
Essential duties & responsibilities: (detailed description)
- Develop and maintain automated reporting solutions for executive leadership
- Prepare and distribute scheduled business reporting and ad hoc solutions
- Identify and support business needs and recommend solutions that integrate with existing data and technical solutions
- Effectively communicate and present complex analytics to stakeholders and customers. Using Power BI related tools to analyze data and report out results for processes improvements
- Design and implement automated reporting dashboards to track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) across multiple segments of the business. Implement connections to automated data sets
- Identify actionable insights and suggest recommendations to influence the direction of the business and cross-functional teams
- Support development and maintenance of internal procedures and documentation that encompass the full lifecycle of data analytics related activities
- Understand business objectives for data analytics and ensure adherence to established business and data processes
- Support CI/CD tools integration/ operations/ change management, and maintenance
Education & special trainings:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, or related fields
- Fluent spoken and written English. Any other language is a plus
- Preferred: Power Bi, Tableau reporting certifications
Qualifications & experience:
- Knowledge of business intelligence and analytics platforms (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Knowledge of at least one general programming language. Python or R preferred
- Knowledge of databases and data warehouses (e.g. MySQL, MS SQL server)
- Knowledge of project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project or Planner)
- Comfort and willingness in utilizing other technology platforms (SAP, Oracle, Azure, etc.)
- Knowledge in software development environments using Agile / SCRUM, and code management/versioning (e.g. git)
- Ability to analyze business situations and apply excellent organizational/communication skills and attention to detail in business case evaluation and requirements analysis.
- Preferred: Statistical background and/or demonstrated statistical knowledge
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com