Associate Buyer, Global Procurement Center
The Associate Buyer is responsible for purchasing activities for assigned portfolio to ensure a high level of customer service. The role will interface daily with suppliers in ensuring that we have procured the right amount of finished goods or materials from the supplier and will mitigate and adjust requirements based on weekly planning reviews from supply planning. The role will work alongside Supply Planners, production scheduling and raw material planners in the organization. The role has no direct people responsibility.
- Maintain master data set up in the transactional systems, including supplier lead time, supplier details, product details and replenishment methodology (MOQS)
- Communicate forecast requirements to the supply base for finished goods and/or for components and materials.
- Ensuring all POs are placed accordingly to the rules as agreed with the Account Lead
- Responsible for the execution and communication of safety stock levels required for raw materials/finished goods to the supply base.
- Review data from the supplier in terms of accuracy and ensure the information is aligned with the supplier agreement and complies with the Stryker system of record.
- Act as the first line of contact with suppliers and inform key stakeholders of adjustments to daily or weekly requirements based on the latest supply net requirements.
- Work cross-functionally to support Stryker initiatives and support activities to improve business processes
- Report supplier performance based on standard metrics, prepare and monitor supplier scorecards
- Communicate phase in/out of new finished goods or raw materials into the organization and ensure timing has been agreed and change is being executed to the agreement
- Prepare weekly status reports for the demand and supply execution process
- Track and manage KPIs including on time and in full delivery (OTIF), material lead time compliance, PO compression days, PPV, past due invoices and PO’s
- Ensure compliance with applicable quality and regulatory requirements
Professional Requirements Required:
- Degree level in Business/Engineering/Supply Chain management
- Proficient in written and spoken English. Second language may be required, depending on supplier base
Background Experience Required:
- Entry level Graduate may be considered for role
- Familiarity with ERP systems ie SAP, Oracle, JDE
- Experience in MS Office applications, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- Previous experience in supplier relationship management
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com