Senior Project Manager, Product Transfers- Skawina/Krakow
Responsible for the management and coordination of select high impact projects associated with new products, product transfers and technologies.
The senior project manager will work closely with product development, operations and marketing to drive speed to market, product quality and ease of manufacture.
All activities will be completed and documented in accordance with the Stryker New Product Development and Product Transfer processes utilising associated design controls
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assume overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project. The Project Manager is responsible to the project stakeholders for delivering a project’s objectives within scope, schedule, cost, and quality
- Lead New Product/Product Transfer, Process and Technology implementation initiatives while tightly managing project spend on capital & expense budgets
- Responsible for clear, objective and quantifiable measurement of Project/ Programme progress (incl. PTQ, slippage, float, risk rating, financials etc.).
- Work closely with Divisional and GQO Reps to drive successful project implementation. Actively engage with Manufacturing Operations ensuring best utilisation of floor space, minimised handling and optimum process flow.
- Participate in the selection, training and performance appraisal process of project resources. Lead shared resources and deploy in line with programme priorities. Expect elements of the team to report to the PM.
- Responsible for identifying, monitoring, and appropriately managing project risk and liaise with broader AO team on common NPI/Product Transfer issues and resolutions
- Lead team in complex or difficult situations, removing obstacles, assigning appropriate resources and interacting with other functions to assist with issue resolution and streamlining of work process.
- Establishment of priorities, imparting a sense of urgency and importance to the team while following Project Management methodology in project execution
- Provide high quality leadership of Project Resources. Generate an engaging and positive environment. The Project Manager will be measured against milestone delivery and People performance throughout the Project lifetime.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Knowledge Skills
- Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline with 4 or more years’ experience in a technical and/or project management role. A qualification in project management is desirable.
- The individual should enjoy working in a dynamic & results oriented team environment where flexibility is essential.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills - able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams. Be open minded with the ability to recognise good ideas.
- Demonstrated Leadership, Project Management and Engineering experience in New Product Introduction and/or Product Transfers in a regulated environment would prove beneficial.
- The individual will be decisive, take ownership for their results and have the ability to influence key decision makers
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organise and implement concurrent tasks. Ability to understand complex inputs and to be able to distil critical information.
- Will have demonstrated an ability to define project risk and to effectively manage project risks.
- Experience in an FDA regulated or regulated industry beneficial.
- High level of PC Skills required with expertise in MS Project. (MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Experience of MES/SAP, GD&T, Process mapping, statistical methods and process/ product validations would prove beneficial.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com