Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
A substantial portion of legal services will involve support to business partners in their negotiation of commercial agreements and varying degrees of involvement is preparation of strategies that are reflected in the agreements. The position will require fluent and proficient English speaking and writing skills. The successful candidate must show a high degree of flexibility, interacting with a direct line manager in the US, and business partners in the US and other locales across the globe. Customers are mostly refinery and chemical facility owners, located across a broad geographic territory. The legal services are required to be provided from offices in Krakow in the Shell Business Operations (SBO) Center. The successful candidate will be co-located there with lawyers holding similar responsibilities.
Purpose & Accountabilities:
The position will require the successful candidate to provide professional, timely, cost-effective and practical legal advice and support to several businesses within Shell. These are:
• the Shell Catalyst & Technologies companies which sell technology licenses, related process equipment and offer consulting services.
• the Shell Catalyst & Technologies companies which sell catalysts to refiners, petrochemical companies and other businesses, and sell licenses, services and products for Sulphur dioxide and carbon dioxide capture solutions.
Must have legal authorization to work in the country where the offices are located on a full-time basis.
• Educational prerequisites and license to provide legal services in the jurisdiction where physically located.
• Minimum 6 years legal experience required.
• Strong commercial/transactional contracting experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to identify legal risks and alternative strategies in a defined area.
• Ability to ensure that documents accurately reflect the commercial decisions, at all times consistent with legal obligations and Shell’s requirements.
• Ability to work as part of a team, locally and remotely, and with stakeholders with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects