Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
We currently have an opening for an experienced Benefits Advisor to join our global Compensation & Benefits team. The role is based in Krakow but it's placed in global structures with exposure to different markets and locations.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Manager Global Benefits with the application, development and review of in country benefits programmes which enable Shell to deliver its business strategy whilst adhering to its Performance and Reward philosophy. The post holder will also work closely with HR Operations and HR in Country on matters related to benefits policy and their delivery as well as support Regional Policy Advisors and Reward Management colleagues as required.
- Provide advice on benefits matters, and on the application of Shell’s global Retirement and risk benefit guidelines and Minimum benefit standards.
- Keep abreast through study and country network connections of regulatory and commercial developments as they relate to employee benefits.
- Maintain accurate overviews in relation to Country Reviews, expat retirement gratuity application, case resolution and captive insurance programme activities.
- Participate on behalf of Shell in strategically chosen benefits surveys and peer company club surveys to support state of the art external landscape knowledge base.
- Support the Country Review process(es) and ensure quality standards are met in respect of the use of market data, decision making, implementation and record keeping.
- Support ad hoc project work in relation to for example country exits, entries, regulatory changes, the development of minimum standards and/ or Paynet projects related to benefits.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with stakeholders/partners (e.g. Group Pensions, Country HR Managers, Reward/Country Policy Advisors and International Mobility team.
- Refine existing and create new policy support material to equip HR colleagues with the right guidance material and to avoid unnecessary ‘repeat business’
- Support the annual Global Reward Information Datastore (GRID) and Cost of Employment (COE) in relation to benefits.
- Maintain external focus through external network groups and other sources of information and data.
- Support HR digitalization in respect of Benefits delivery.
- Experienced HR or Finance professional with exposure to delivery of global benefits policies and processes in the business.
- University level degree, or similar level professional qualification.
- Experience with Workday and/or Benefits delivery platform would be beneficial.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Ideally previous experience/knowledge of employee insurance and/or retirement benefits in different countries.
- Must have strong interpersonal and client relationship skills.
- Able to operate effectively with internal customers and colleagues in a virtual environment, as well as with 3rd party service providers.
- Able to hold ground in discussion with senior stakeholders on policy matters and decisions.
- Fluent English is a must.
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects