Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
The Project Manager role is dedicated to Tax Processes and critical to Tax team success. The role will lead delivery of strategic projects and, if required, support delivery of key onshore Tax projects.
This is a challenging role which will suit energetic, proactive individuals looking to build on their experience and gain a broader perspective of Shell Businesses and global operations. The successful individual will gain first-hand experience of delivering complex changes within the business, participating in Tax/Global automation projects and exposure to interactions with stakeholders on various levels of seniority, with numerous opportunities to expand in-depth future-oriented technical (e.g. digital) and leadership skills.
Main accountabilities and activities include:
- Deliver assigned projects with high quality execution, within dedicated timeline and budget
- Ensure set up and management of effective projects governance, change management, communication and stakeholders management
- Act as expert in project management, change management and project delivery methods (e.g. agile) area
- Deploy innovative ways of project delivery in Tax Organisation
- Set-up and actively manage project management practitioners/knowledge sharing network
- Ensuring timely response/resolution of issues and/or managing escalation when needed
- Assisting Process Owner and Process Managers and other processes in identifying and prioritizing process, systems and data enhancements and continuous improvement opportunities
- Integrate with IT and Data to understand potential solution options, testing considerations, integration, cross-process data improvements etc.
- This is a global role, of individual contributor character, requiring strong teamwork attitude.
- It requires pro-active interactions with representatives of onshore and offshore organizations on various seniority levels.
Tax PO team is accountable for global Tax compliance processes managed by 600 FTEs, submitting 40k returns/report & 20k payments per year and maintain total tax payments of USD 60b.
The PO team owns 130 Tax IT applications, supports over 30 various ERPs & connected applications and maintains numerous engagements with external partners (vendors, advisors and process excellence teams from other multinationals).
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects