Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for IP agreements advice and support to various Shell businesses with a focus on technical non-dislosure agreements.
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for:
• Advising, drafting and negotiating with internal and external parties globally IP-related agreements, including technical non-disclosure agreements, licence agreements, research and technical collaboration agreements;
• Developing and maintaining a solid expertise of IP and other laws, regulations and legal processes worlwide;
• Following relevant technology developments, both originating within Shell and by third parties;
• Work with, develop and sustain relationships with legal, the business, and other stakeholders worldwide and at all levels.
• Contribute to continuous improvement projects and ways of working initiatives in Legal Services;
• Promote awareness, including on the principles of the IP Framework, and provide training for the business, Legal and other functions.
The purpose of this Legal Counsel role is to provide support to Shell businesses for their IP agreement requests. This role will have an evolving scope and support for other (IP) agreements may mature over time.
Special Challenges The candidate needs to be flexible as working hours can be outside normal working hours from time to time, due to the global team location. While the role has a clear focus on IP related support, LSGO works as a central team supporting global operations and all staff are expected to take on support for other departments from time to time. This broadening of scope is also encouraged from a personal development perspective.
The Legal Counsel will be required to deliver commercially focused solutions with both complex legal and technical elements.
• 10-14 years Post Qualification Experience
• Possess a degree in law.
• Must have legal authorization to work in the country where the offices are located on a full-time basis.
• Post-qualification experience in intellectual property law and agreements;
• Broad general grasp of legal issues under different legal systems (US, UK, NL), including civil and common law;
• Ability to discuss technical matters with relevant technical experts in sufficient detail to fully grasp relevant technical matters in IP-related agreements;
• Knowledge and experience to identify key legal risks.;
• Experience working with businesses in the delivery of timely, cost-effective, commercially-focused legal services;
• Demonstrable track record as an individual contributor and team player;
• Influencing and negotiating skills;
• Ability to work with both internal and external stakeholders with diverse backgrounds;
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects