As an Operational Buyer, you are responsible for management of purchase orders placed on behalf of Markets to suppliers for third party medical devices, overseeing and coordinating the purchase order management process through proactive collaboration with other internal and external Supply Chain functions. You will develop relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders. Furthermore, you are responsible for executing all purchase order processing activities in SAP and other supporting applications, including order changes due to customer or supplier requests.
You are responsible for
- Placing purchase orders to suppliers, communicate delivery dates and check if goods are shipped and delivered on time.
- Managing additional process steps for EU-MDR regulated medical devices, such as providing the supplier with customized template documents enabling the verification inspection process, following up on pre-alerts (Advanced Shipping Notifications) sent by suppliers, and creating verification records in SAP.
- Ensuring compliance to EU-MDR regulation and manage escalations effectively to avoid the impact on delivery
- Archiving documents related to customers and countries according to local legislation.
- Pro-actively communicating to (internal) customers in a clear and customer centric way.
- Responding pro-actively to missing items (MOA) or dead on arrival (DOA) claims by using assigned tools.
- Together with team members continuously implementing improvements through Lean tooling and disciplines.
You are a part of
our Global Competence Center in Łódź, where we centralize our business processes. We bring together supporting roles within HR, Finance, Procurement, Customer Service, Supply Chain and other, enabling you to have a career in an international, cross functional environment. Your future colleagues speak 25+ languages and represent 15+ different nationalities, supporting our operations in 50 countries on a daily basis.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration / logistics, or you finished vocational education with 1 to 3 years of experience in an operational environment, preferable with order management.
- Fluent in English, /verbal and written/ and one other European languages:
French, German, Italian or Spanish – must have
- Knowledge of SAP is highly preferred
- You are enthusiastic and motivated team player. You can cope with stress, you have flexible mentality and you are able to work in a changing environment.
- You have very good communication skills and are customer oriented and always sees opportunities to improve the processes (operational excellence).
In return, we offer you
The unique combination of a critical and challenging role and a creative and empowering office environment. You will be actively encouraged to make improvements, establish best in class service and have a direct impact on the success of Philips on a daily basis.
- Annual bonus based on performance achieved
- Private medical care with option to extend it to family members
- Benefit System cards
- Discount for Philips’ products
- Language courses
- Relocation package applicable for people moving in from outside of Łódź region
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle in the office (fruits twice / week in the office, gym, massage chairs, various events)
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)