As a Project and Sourcing Specialist you will be a part of Philips Indirect Materials and Services Procurement Forwarding & Distribution EMEA team which is responsible for tactical, operational and transactional sourcing, purchasing and improvement projects within the Forwarding & Distribution Cluster, covering logistics transport and warehousing activities. Your accountabilities include contract ownership, negotiation, supplier management and commercial & concept savings projects management.
In this role, you have will the opportunity to
- be responsible for the sourcing of services within Forwarding and Distribution category area
- be of key importance to the department and wider business, as it will have direct responsibility for challenging controlling costs, identifying savings areas, whilst ensuring delivery of first class service from suppliers
- developing and executing global and regional procurement strategies for supporting Philips Royal business in the market and in the countries
- identify and execute improvements in contracting process by applying Lean methodologies
- Co-develop a category sourcing strategy for Forward & Distribution Cluster
- Manage relationships with current and potential suppliers
- Develop full understanding of current cost base within allocated categories, including reviewing whole life cost / total cost of ownership
- Challenge current cost base, through negotiation, benchmarking and tender activity as appropriate
- Delivers results through projects in scope (including sourcing projects)
- Achieve agreed savings targets
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Negotiate supply terms and contracts in line with standard terms and conditions
- Perform activities of tactical nature to support commodities and optimize related processes
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master degree in a relevant technical discipline or equivalent;
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience in supply chain area or/and experience of sourcing logistic services
- Fluent English is a must
- Good working knowledge of MS office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to inspire commitment, arrange and communicate virtually
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels, both internally and within the supply base
- Advanced negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to undertake whole life cost / total cost of ownership analysis, summarize results and make recommendations based on results
- Proven ability to deliver in a pressured environment against defined savings targets
- Makes right decisions in difficult situations, when time is critical
- Project Management skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
In return, we offer you
We offer the unique combination of a critical and challenging role and a creative and empowering office environment. You will be actively encouraged to make improvements, establish best in class supply chain service and have a direct impact on the success of Philips on a daily basis.
- Opportunity to build new procurement capability for Royal Philips.
- Yearly bonus based on performance achieved.
- Private medical care with option to extend it to family members.
- Benefit System cards.
- Convenient working conditions in office in the city center
- Positive energy and professional support in everyday duties
- Discount for Philips’ products
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)