The Big Data Junior Scientist will be responsible for conducting statistical analysis of unique newly created financial monitoring system within Anti Money Laundering program in Citi. He/she will work in a team of more experienced statisticians with global team across the globe and execute complex statistical analysis, e.g. segmentation, and discover and classify patterns of money flows. This is an opportunity to work in a Big Data environment, have a chance to create and implement a new project in Citi, and practice your English on everyday basis. This is a position for graduates who learned quantitative methods and some programming language (SQL, SAS or R) during their studies and want to develop their competencies and grow their careers in a global company in a team of experts.
This position requires ability to execute complex statistical analyses, data visualizations and algorithm simulations. A background in statistical techniques such as parameters estimation and hypothesis testing is required. Requirements include some programming experience with data analysis, data processing and statistical tools (SAS or R, Big Data as an advantage). Fluency in English and very good written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Conduct data-driven analyses and reports; apply qualitative and quantitative data analysis methods; prepare statistical and non-statistical data exploration
- Apply statistical methods to organize, analyze, and interpret data related to AML monitoring scenarios and thresholds. Ensure appropriate methodology is selected to answer specific business questions on effectiveness of coverage
- Build and implement models and algorithms. Maintain high quality code and documentation. Assure efficiency, stability and scalability of the solution
- Detect data anomalies and identify source of data problems. Recommend data quality solutions
- Use visualization techniques to display data and the results of analysis in clear presentations that can be understood by non-technical readers
- Design statistically valid samples, design and conduct statistical experiments. Perform statistical inference and draw conclusions from sample data
- Ensure Data Quality and Reliability. Design and implement various Data Quality methods in SAS and Big Data. Run quality checks against database and report all data issues. Detect data anomalies and identify source of data problems. Recommend data quality solutions
- Master degree in technical science/mathematics/statistics/quantitative methods (degree in economics/banking may be considered if strong analytical skills proved) (4-5th year students may be considered as well)
- Some experience in data mining methods and their application in business practice
- Programming and statistical/data analytical skills (R, SAS 4GL, SQL)
- Initiative, creativity and attention to details
- Ability to discuss reasoning, critical assessment of facts and opinions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Self-motivated with high desire of self-development and learning
To our Employees we offer:
- Opportunity of professional development in the international and well-established company
- Learning opportunities and challenging assignments in which you can utilize your knowledge
- Competitive social benefits (medical care, Benefit System, life insurance and other)
- Chance for a career evolution within Citi business structures
- Citi provides wide breadth of opportunities within Poland and globally for outstanding candidates: management career within CSC Poland or client/product role within other locations in EMEA.