Are you passionate about Unix-based - AIX, RedHat, Solaris servers? Your responsibility would be production support of a large Unix estate. This includes handling trouble tickets, user requests, proactive maintenance, application releases, continuity of business planning and testing and other related SA roles. Day to day responsibilities would consist of:
- Trouble-shooting and problem solving
- Reduction of faults, Root Cause Analysis
- Provide assistance and guidance to developers in accordance to Citi policies and standards
- Monitoring of the server environment and its capacity planning
- Business-driven application deployments
- Tight control of the environment including conformance with standard controls checks and procedures
- COB testing and documentation
- Procedural checks. Building and configuring new servers]
- Production Handover
- SAN storage set-up and testing.
- The role may include some overseas travel
- Opportunity for gaining experience in an international corporation and technical knowledge from the Unix area and variety of new technologies
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every single day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to develop a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
- OS types involved (RedHat Linux, Solaris, AIX) to a certifiable level
- Deep understanding of RedHat/AIX and Linux operating systems and associated tools
- Experience of Unix Systems Administration in at least 2 years.
- Analytical and disciplined approach to problem solving
- Ability to remain calm and objective in a high-pressure environment
- Strong self-management and be ready to use own initiative
- Strong team-player and collaborator
- Strong customer and colleague communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- Fluent English
- TCP/IP and networking experience
- Perl and shell-scripting skills
- Knowledge of Veritas product suite including Volume Manager and Cluster Server
- Knowledge and understanding of naming services such as LDAP
- Knowledge of HP, IBM, Oracle hardware up to enterprise level
- Standard office automation products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience of customer support in a time-critical environment
- Experience of a financial services
- Experience of working in a heavily controls-focused environment
Feel free to apply even if you don’t meet some of the requirements