Who we are:
Citi is a leading global bank, which has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citibank Europe plc (CEP) is the main EU banking entity for Citi in EMEA with a presence in 22 European countries. It covers several key business lines including Markets and Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Services, Corporate and Investment Banking, and Consumer.
Our Warsaw-based Internal Audit is a global organization which sits proudly within Citibank Europe as one of its key components with over 1500 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service. We provide independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
Citi Service Center (CSC) is an initiative to establish a network of service centers providing high quality services to other entities operating within the Citi Group. CSC Poland was founded in 2005, and it currently employs over 4000 highly qualified staff in Warsaw and Olsztyn. CSC cooperates with other Citi entities from all over the world. Working in our organization involves working on international projects, in an international and dynamic environment as well as learning top quality organizational culture.
For more information on Citi Bank, please visit our website: https://www.citigroup.com/citi/
The successful candidate will direct the timely delivery of complex high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
This role will contribute to the scoping and execution of AML and Compliance audit coverage in accordance with established IA methodology and professional auditing standards. The position will be based in Warsaw and will report into the Senior Audit Manager within IA AML team. The position will provide IA’s AML and Compliance CoE team with local resources to ensure the provision of independent assurance which is consistent and aligned with the global IA strategies objectives.
The candidate should have a functional knowledge of AML framework and regulatory requirements, as well as working knowledge of regulatory requirements and the related risks and controls.
- Supports execution of a robust Anti Money Laundering (AML) Audit Plan for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup policies.
- Applies comprehensive AML expertise to deliver on time high quality AML Compliance audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology. Closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional management partners.
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues; Analyzes reporting findings; Recommends appropriate action where needed; Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems.
- Some international travel may be required (up to 10%)
Key skills and qualifications:
Solid business understanding of the Financial Service Industry, especially in the areas associated with AML, Sanctions, Compliance and Regulatory Risk supported by 3+ years of experience in the financial sector.
Subject matter expertise in AML control disciplines preferred, though candidates with a strong auditing background and knowledge of some aspects of AML will also be considered.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing and working effectively with internal and external Senior Stakeholders globally.
Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking.
Good listener, committed to continuous learning and capable of acquiring and sustaining new knowledge on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
- Related certifications (CAMS, CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) would be additional advantage.
What we offer
If you are looking for a change from repetitive, typically operational roles in auditing/AML, we offer you a truly unique opportunity to work in a position which fosters creativity, learning, communication, influencing and other skills required to deliver complex auditing services.
Professional development in an international role which provides a regular exposure to auditing activities in numerous countries within EMEA region.
Senior Management exposure; Manage senior Citi Stakeholders.
An enjoyable and challenging learning path which leads to a deep understanding of Citi’s services across various businesses across EMEA.
Competitive social benefits (medical care, Multisport, life insurance, pension plan, holiday allowance, flexible working schedule and other).