Citi is more than a global financial services company. It's an engine for progress. We serve 200 million customers in more than 160 countries, providing support to individual, corporate, government and institutional clients. Our clients choose us for a global footprint, market positon, in-country relationships and the full range of solutions on offer. In Poland we operate within two legal entities Citibank Europe plc and Bank Handlowy w Warszawie S.A.
Senior Auditor Markets - EMEA
Work place: Warszawa
This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
This Assistant Vice President position will perform audit testing of the control framework for Municipals, Securitised Products and Credit Trading, collectively known as the Global Spread Products (GSP) Sales and Trading business. The AVP will mainly provide assurance coverage for the EMEA region, with some limited support for other regions.
Global Spread Products business participates in the secondary market as well as offers securitisations and financing solutions. The product offering mainly includes cash, derivatives and loans.
This individual will report to a Vice President who will also be located in Poland.
- As a seasoned professional applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
- Contributes to the development of audit processes improvements.
- Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
- Performs moderately complex audits related to Global Spread Products.
- Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
- Provides coaching to team members in all phases of the audit process.
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
- Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
- Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Few years of relevant experience in an audit role - a must.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding control disciplines.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- Opportunity to develop project management skills as well as expand knowledge in the area of Internal Audit function.
- A chance to develop in an international environment in one of the greatest financial institutions worldwide.
- Cooperation with a high quality team in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies.
- Excellent working environment.
- Attractive Social Benefits System (pension plan, medical care, life insurance, digital learning platforms etc.).
Please be informed that we will contact selected candidates only.
Citi and Citi Handlowy are registered trademark of Citigroup Inc., used under license. Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries are also entitled to rights to certain other trademarks contained herein.
Bank Handlowy w Waszawie S.A