Technology & Commercial Lawyer
Job Reference #
Are you an experienced legal counsel with expertise in technology/FinTech/ outsourcing related legal matters, gained either in private practice or in in a top tier financial services or technology firm?
We’re looking for a legal counsel to:
• work as part of an experienced EMEA legal team at UBS, taking responsibility for providing excellent legal advice and support as required to all UBS corporate centre and all business divisions globally in relation to a wide range of matters, focusing primarily on information technology, FinTech, vendor contracting and outsourcing & offshoring, predominantly under English law
• collaborate with legal and procurement colleagues and business stakeholders globally
• provide legal advice and support on a wide range of matters ranging from template drafting to contract negotiation with suppliers and clients
• provide legal support for major change projects as well as a wide range of ad hoc legal queries
• supervise the engagement of external counsel where required
You’ll be based in Krakow, Poland and working in the UBS Contracting & Technology EMEA Legal team. We focus on delivering high-quality legal advice and solutions to all our internal business divisions. As a legal counsel, you’ll play an important role in making sure our business clients receive timely, accurate and coherent legal service.
• worked as a qualified lawyer within a top tier law firm, international bank or technology firm for at least 2 years
• significant experience of providing legal advice and support in relation to complex technology/FinTech/ outsourcing related legal matters and transactions
• a good working knowledge of data protection and intellectual property
• ability to work proactively and independently to tight deadlines and take responsibility for delivering effective legal solutions to complex legal issues.
• good level of knowledge of, familiarity with and interest in technology.
• a confident self-starter, motivated and skilled at driving proactive and pragmatic solutions to complex legal issues
• qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales
• fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.