Markets Operations and Support Manager provides full leadership and supervisory responsibility. Provides operational/service leadership and direction to team. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge through provision of value-added perspectives or advisory services. May contribute to the development of new techniques, models and plans within area of expertise. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Generally has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness of end results and shared responsibility for planning and budgets. Work affects an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the function/business. Full supervisory responsibility, ensuring motivation and development of team through professional leadership to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations as well as direction of daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Serve as primary contact for Markets Business, providing support across various operational processes and controls incl. documentation and limits monitoring, reconciliations, confirmation matching, static data maintenance, investigations, etc.
- Partner with internal teams across the business, including Operations Team, Finance, Technology and Front office, to effectively service clients
- Identify and manage risk to the business, with timely action and prompt escalation
- Exercises full leadership and supervisory responsibility over Operations Support Unit
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes recommendations for staffing, pay increases, promotions, terminations, etc.
- Determines hiring to ensure adequate staffing.
- Recommends new work procedures with broader scope of impact. Deals with variable (occasionally complex) issues with substantial potential impact.
- Directly impacts the area through shared responsibility for delivery of end results and contribution to planning, budget management and formulation of procedures; influences resource planning.
- Responsible for supervising and providing leadership to the team.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policies, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Persuades and influences others through communication and diplomacy skills; ability to negotiate with external parties
- 3-6 years of experience as Ops/Support Supervisor or related position supervising or controlling transaction processing
- Fluent English both written and spoken
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
The role of the Markets Operations and Support Manager is located at Bank Handlowy S.A. in Warsaw: https://www.citi.com/Careers/policies/pdf/BankHandlowyPolandPrivacyNotice.pdf