The Data Quality Intmd Analyst is a developing professional role. Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams.
- Independently performs more advanced and diverse financial, statistical, and operational studies to substantiate business decisions using analytical skills and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies.
- Partners with business teams to develop process improvements, solutions, and streamline operational workflows.
- Performs feasibility analysis for significant process changes.
- Uses professional judgment, discretion, and business expertise to resolve varied and complex issues that have notable impact on the business.
- Applies good understanding of how the team/area interacts with other departments in accomplishing the objectives of the sub-function / job family.
- Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to resolve complex problems.
- Integrates in-depth specialty area operational knowledge, combined with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices.
- Moderate but direct impact on the business through quality/timeliness of services provided that effect own operations team and closely related teams for businesses supported.
- Applies project management skills to support operational projects as assigned.
- Applies professional judgment and attention to detail when interpreting data and results based on the analysis of factual information.
- May occasionally provide informal guidance or on the job training to new or lower level team members.
- Communicates with tact and diplomacy in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information with project stake holders or internal parties.
- Works and coordinates with a multidisciplinary group of business leads, operations managers and technologists.
- Defines detailed business data requirements and documenting them.
- Completes projects to acquire data, manage it and present it for use in reporting and statistics, such as a Scorecard.
- Tests features and functionality in planned software releases as needed.
- Supports requirements for ongoing reporting and audit deliverables as needed.
- Generates, reviews and distributes of error reports.
- Follows-up on incident tickets.
- Other duties and functions as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years Software Experience
- Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies.
- Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information.
- Typically deals with variable issues with potential
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- Conduct efficient and thorough analyses of Historic Remediation assessments; vigilantly identify inconsistencies and strive to reduce ambiguity in order to define detailed data requests for IMR projects.
- Create well-written, accurate, and concise data requirements documents for each applicable IMR project, applying rigorous attention to detail.
- Conduct systematic and efficient data validation following standard operating procedures. Promptly notify lead analysts and/or management of any concerns or issues.
- Provide subject matter expertise on business processes, operations, and systems used throughout the Monitoring Risk Management Program and the regional FIU hubs; pursue and enhance knowledge of AML risk management climate, processes, and tools and apply such knowledge to the BA role and responsibilities.
- Support BA-centric sub-stages for assigned IMRs; bring potential escalations to management attention consistently and in a timely manner.
- Support the FIU organization with IMR-related projects, requests or tasks; foster and maintain strong business relationships among BA and FIU teams; support projects led by senior members of the team.
- Partner with lead analysts to coordinate discussions with AML DM partners and communicate explicit requirements of each project.
- Back up lead analysts in representing the Global BA team both as a regional BA member as well as a global member, when needed or requested.
- Support continuous improvement opportunities across all areas of responsibility.