Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced and inspiring working environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital.
More than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. You’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your abilities and advance your career. Will you help us lead the way in transforming the future of banking?
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Data Engineering team. We add value by organising vast amounts of data in Nordea. As the Senior Scala Developer, you’ll play a valuable role in building the next generation Big Data platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building a distributed and highly parallelized BigData processing pipeline which processes a massive amount of data (both structured and unstructured) in near real-time
- Leverage Scala and Spark to enrich and transform corporate data to enable searching, data visualization and advanced analytics
- Work closely with DevOps, QA and Product Management teams in a Continuous Delivery environment
You’ll join an international team of Engineers, who work on the next generation of BigData Platform. We are friendly and always willing to share the knowledge with each other. The role is based in Gdynia or Warsaw.
Who you are
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- are passionate about Functional Programming
- are not afraid of new challenges when working with data
Your experience and background:
- Must have skills:
- At least 3 years of experience with Scala programming language
- Fluent in English
- Experience in Functional Programming/libraries (like cats, scalaz, etc.) or other Functional Programming Languages (Haskell, Clojure, Erlang, etc.)
- Experience in test-driven development and familiarity with Linux and shell scripting
- Nice-to-have skills:
- Knowledge of Hadoop stack: YARN, Sqoop, Hive, Impala, MapReduce, Oozie, etc. but if you are not familiar with it, we are happy to teach you that
- Experience in an Agile way of working (SCRUM, XP, etc.)
- Experience with JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Github, etc.
- Streaming technologies, such as Flink or Kafka. Shapeless library, Hocon format, because we use it a lot
If you possess other interesting skills in Functional Programming, we encourage you to share it with us – we like to learn new things! You could also have an impact on our team’s way of working.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.