Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced and inspiring working environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital.
More than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. You’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your abilities and advance your career. Will you help us lead the way in transforming the future of banking?
Would you like to be a driving factor of the DevOps vision inside Nordea? We are now looking for a Technical Release Manager that will plan, drive and execute banking application releases to Nordea production environment with key focus on automation.
In Nordea, we’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A tech revolution is underway – and you can make an impact. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Release and Change Management team, part of the Engineering System family. We add value by managing application lifecycle and orchestrating efficient and automated releases to production, while upholding DevOps practices across the bank. As the Technical Release Manager, you’ll play a valuable role in ensuring that future application releases in the bank will be automated and adhere to DevOps principles.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, plan and contribute to implement SW release deployment pipelines from lower environments to productions for banking technology solutions
- Manage release execution projects in all phases of the lifecycle - from pipeline to production, further strengthening our DevOps vision
- Be the release responsible for all aspects related to a release, from planning to go live approval, release calendar creation, stakeholder approvals etc.
- Identify opportunities to automate mundane activities throughout the release pipeline to ensure efficiency and reliability of our deployments
- Continuously improve ways of working and increase efficiency to enable the vision of CI/CD and release on demand
You’ll join a great team of fellow release managers that executes on the same vision throughout the bank. You will learn from them and they will learn from you. The role is based in Gdynia, but your colleagues will be all over Nordea locations.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you have:
- Educational background relevant to Bachelors/Master's degree or the equivalent experience
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills
- Very good level of English
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Accountability and proactivity
Your experience and background:
- Hands-on proficiency and at least 3 years of experience in several/all the following: deployment orchestration (XL Release, Ansible, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes or similar), CI/CD tools (Jenkins or similar), scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- Experience in handling continuous releases of large-scale SW solutions involving complex cross dependencies
- Understanding of Agile, Scrum, SAFe methodologies
- Release and deployment management experience using ITIL framework
- Experience and knowledge of Infrastructure & Operations areas, as well as experience working with incident, problem and change management
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 15 November 2019.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.