We are looking for a Internal Audit Manager, Model Risk, Warsaw with advanced skills in English. This is an opportunity for you to join our energetic team and kick-start your international career within financial industry working for the largest financial group in Northern Europe.
Compliance and integrity go hand in hand. It’s all about making sure that we’re a trusted partner to both our customers and society – the foundation for great customer experiences.
That’s where you come in. Working with us, you’ll help ensure that compliance underpins every decision we make and every action we take.
Together, we are passionate about building a bank that makes a difference – one where you can learn and grow. Will you help us lead the way in embedding compliance to transform the future of banking?
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Group Internal Audit (GIA). We add value by supporting the Nordea Group Board and Group Executive Management in protecting the assets, reputation and sustainability of the largest bank in the Nordics. Model Risk team within GIA is responsible for providing audit assurance over controls covering end-to-end model lifecycle, including model governance, model development, implementation, monitoring and independent model validation.
As an Internal Audit Manager, you’ll play a valuable role in auditing the key models, including credit risk (IRB), counterparty credit risk (IMM) and market risk models (IMA) in line with ECB expectations establishing whether Nordea is following these key regulations. In addition, you will need to develop good stakeholder and team relationships as part of this role and work in a strong and technical audit team within the Risk and Finance team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contributing to the execution of Group Internal Audit’s strategy
- Performing audits assessing Nordea’s governance, risk management and control processes
- Contributing to the delivery of GIA’s project portfolio
- Acting as Auditor in Charge in some audit projects
- Contributing to continuous risk assessments to direct assurance activities towards the significant risk areas
You’ll join the Group Internal Audit. The role is based in Warsaw. Some travelling is expected. Group Internal Audit prioritizes use of technology to facilitate efficient, flexible working. This means that although you will work with colleagues around Nordics, travel is kept at family and environmentally friendly levels.
Who you are
- Have strong understanding of end-to-end model lifecycle (e.g. model development, implementation, validation, monitoring)
- Have practical understanding of relevant regulatory environment, including model risk management best practices
- Have strong collaborative skills and strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with senior professionals
- Have high ethical standards with demonstrated integrity, tact, and diplomacy
Your experience and background:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of model development or model validation techniques covering (any combination): credit risk, market risk, pricing, stress testing funding or liquidity models
- University degree in a quantitative subject such as Math, Physics, Economics or Finance would be a strong advantage
- Experience in the Internal Audit would be an asset
- Fluency in English
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 7 November 2019.
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.