Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced and inspiring working environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital.
More than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. You’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your abilities and advance your career. Will you help us lead the way in transforming the future of banking?
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Data Warehouse & BI team. We add value by delivering the future Data & Analytics platforms and solutions for Nordea Wholesale Banking. We are delivering on multiple data platforms (Oracle and Hadoop), as well as on many enterprise and self-service data integration and analytical platforms.
What you’ll be doing:
- Software Engineering skills in Java/Scala, CI/CD, TDD, Unit Testing and E2E Testing
- Data Warehouse development: MapR/Oracle
- Data Streaming/integration/ETL development: Kafka, Spark, Datastage
- Actively demonstrating focus on business requirements and understanding of the complete BI/analytics delivery value chain
- End2end solution engineering
You’ll join an environment where micromanagement is frowned upon, your private time is respected and there are occasional pizza talks. Nordea provides education possibilities and supports freedom to change one’s career path. Occasionally, you'll go on business trips to meet up with our Scandinavian counterparts.
The role is based in Gdansk.
Who you are
- Have 5+ years’ experience in Data & Analytics as developer/engineer
- Experience in Trading/Capital Markets would be a big advantage
- Higher education in IT
- Very strong knowledge of Data Warehousing, Analytics and streaming technologies
Your experience and background:
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies: Java, SQL, Hadoop ecosystem including Kafka and Spark, ETL tools e.g. DataStage
- Knowledge of Power BI, OBIEE, Alteryx, QlikView / QlikSense and experience working as a Scrum Master are preferred but not mandatory
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 24 October 2019.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.