We are looking for a Cost Control Team Leader, Łódź with advanced skills in English. This is an opportunity for you to join our energetic team and kick-start your international career within financial industry working for the largest financial group in Northern Europe.
Compliance and integrity go hand in hand. It’s all about making sure that we’re a trusted partner to both our customers and society – the foundation for great customer experiences.
That’s where you come in. Working with us, you’ll help ensure that compliance underpins every decision we make and every action we take.
Together, we are passionate about building a bank that makes a difference – one where you can learn and grow. Will you help us lead the way in embedding compliance to transform the future of banking?
Would you like to join the team Cost Control in Financial and Business Control? We are now looking for a Team Leader to build-up a strong Cost Control team in Poland.
In Nordea, we know that great customer experiences require a team that leads the way in first-class service and operations. We’re more than just a Nordic bank, we’re a large employer in Poland. With us, you’ll work with skilled, international teams in a bright, modern office. The lively and collaborative atmosphere offers plenty of opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us.
About this opportunity
You’ll join Group Finance & Treasury where we drive financial performance management, provide high-quality and efficient financial reporting and planning across the Group, including financial and business control and insightful analysis, to meet business needs and regulatory requirements.
Cost Control is supporting the Nordea Group with sufficient and high quality cost controlling in a timely manner. You will play valuable role in leading one of the team located in Group Finance & Treasury Department. This is an opportunity for you to develop your leadership skills in accounting area within the international bank. You will take the leading role in delivering on correct controlling of activities by coaching and mentoring employees, ensuring best-in-class software robot solution design and execution
What you will be doing:
- Engage and motivate people your work with, to strengthen team deliveries throughout the whole value-chain maintaining a high motivation
- Achieving the agreed business targets by executing business plans
- Liaising closely with stakeholders from Nordic countries
- Implementing and ensuring the rules of organization and regulators are followed
- Developing direct reports, engaging and empowering your team
- Assessing and improving performance
- Ensure correct financial accounting across all business areas in Nordea and adhere to internal and external financial control principles
You will become part of the Nordic Cost Control team part of Financial & Business Control.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Experience from the Financial sector is a must and knowledge about system landscape in banking sector will be an asset
- Proven track of experience (2-3 years) and successes in leadership position supporting global teams and global processes
- Strategic ability to see what needs to be done, both in the short and long term, with a solution mind-set
- Experience in working with demanding stakeholders
- Drive to motivate people and lead them through changes
- Excellent analytical skills
- Solution oriented, can-do approach in dealing with challenges
- Capability to work under time pressure
- Attention to details
Your experience and background:
- Master’s degree in accounting / finance related subjects
- Broad accounting and finance background
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written
- Leadership and communication skills combined with mature mindset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience in process optimization and / or simplification
- Experience from SAP & Oracle would be an asset
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application until 22 November 2019.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.