We are looking for a Head of Derivatives Services in Wholesale Banking Operations, Lodz with advanced skills in English. This is an opportunity for you to join our energetic team and kick-start your international career within financial industry working for the largest financial group in Northern Europe.
Compliance and integrity go hand in hand. It’s all about making sure that we’re a trusted partner to both our customers and society – the foundation for great customer experiences.
That’s where you come in. Working with us, you’ll help ensure that compliance underpins every decision we make and every action we take.
Together, we are passionate about building a bank that makes a difference – one where you can learn and grow. Will you help us lead the way in embedding compliance to transform the future of banking?
Would you like to lead and contribute to our change agenda in Operations and to lead Polish and Nordics teams according to the Nordea Values? We are now looking for an experienced and enthusiastic leader as the Head of Derivatives Services in Capital Markets Transaction Services within Wholesale Banking Operations.
This position is offered in Capital Markets Transaction Services which is part of Wholesale Banking Operations. We are approximately 340 people, located in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Poland. Our main purpose is to deliver high quality post trade services for Nordea's Capital Markets products which is why we need to constantly develop our business to stay relevant for the future demand of the customers.
In Nordea, we have an ambitious change agenda and are expected to support the execution. In Capital Markets Transaction Services, we also work closely together with our stakeholders running business analysis and strategic initiatives.
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Wholesale Banking Operations. We add value by providing the full operational scope for OTC Derivatives, Listed Derivatives and FX Options. The unit consists of 3 teams located in Denmark, Finland & Poland.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the Derivatives Services Business Unit
- Contributing to the continuous development of Wholesale Banking Operations by being part of the Capital Markets Transaction Services Leadership Team
- Engaging and motivating people you work with, to strengthen leadership and team deliveries
- Delivering both high quality of compliance and an efficient and sustainable business operations
- Working closely with stakeholders in the value chain
- Developing the unit in the right direction supporting Nordea Strategies and the key priorities
The role is based in Lodz.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Work well with others and always act with the customer's needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you are excited about bringing your ideas to the table
- Are honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it is difficult, and committed to empowering others
- As a leader you are passionate about coaching, talent development, leading change and engaging with stakeholders across the value chain and across Nordea
- Are a great strategist and a natural communicator
Your experience and background:
- You have a relevant degree, preferably at Master level and 3-5 years of experience in leading others
- Strong analytical sense and a proven track record of executing operational strategies and change processes in a structured manner with both strategic and tactical perspective is also highly valued
Furthermore, for you to enjoy and succeed in the role, we expect that you:
- Have strong understanding of the business drivers for derivatives and how this creates value for the entire value chain
- Are business-minded and result-oriented person, displaying high level of ambition to see opportunities, even in complex and challenging situations
- Possess great interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, are able to navigate and collaborate across the value chain and across Nordea
- Are excellent on execution, bringing the team together to make the right priorities and deliver desired effects
- Hold proven track record in developing and motivating an organisation and strong change management skills
- Are an inspiring communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with all stakeholders in a highly complex cross-border organisation
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 14 November 2019.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.