Consumer Country Business Head – Poland – C16 MD
Citi Handlowy Management Board Member
Poland Consumer Country Business Head is a member of Management Board of Citi Handlowy and Material Risk Taker as per the local regulation. The Consumer Country Business Head manages multiple teams of senior professionals through other senior managers. The job requires a broad and comprehensive understanding of the different systems, theories and practices relevant to a function as well as practical experience of multiple business cycles. In-depth knowledge of the industry and direct competitors' products/services is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the Consumer business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/ or area of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to influence a wide range of audiences. The job is likely to be involved in both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the area managed, and possibly on other related areas and organization as a whole. Develops medium- to long-term plans and executes functional strategies for a large/complex business requiring coordination and integration across units. Provides input into strategic decisions affecting job family or function within a region or business. Full management responsibility of multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning. Has authority to negotiate and make independent decisions on issues/activities that have critical impact or influence on company revenues, capital or business operations.
- Collaborates with product and functional partners to design, influence and lead country Consumer business strategy – having accountability for the end result at country level
- Communicates a clear vision of the business strategy and engages employees in support of the strategy
- Leads the Consumer country scorecard and financial reporting
- Generates new value propositions where appropriate
- Strategically manages all available resources and links operations to profitability
- Employs optimisation strategies where required
- Coaches the leadership team to build high performing teams
- Influences talent, performance and mobility decisions in the best interests of the Country and Citi as a whole
- Actively raises Citi Handlowy and Citi’s profile with external stakeholders including clients, regulators, government, community, media and alumni
- Maps and monitors the local business relative to its competitors
- Supports government advocacy efforts aimed at enhancing the business operating environment
- Ensures compliance with all laws, regulations, and corporate policies, including ethics and business practices
- Makes strategic recommendations in order to optimize capital, leveraging an in-depth understanding of current and prospective local regulatory frameworks
- Ensures that issues are escalated appropriately within Citi Handlowy and Citi
- Identifies, assesses, mitigates, communicates and anticipates all types of risks (e.g. industry, portfolio, diversification, sovereign, commercial, currency, etc.)
- Assesses overall country risk and interacts with the Country Risk Committee
- Monitors sovereign and liquidity limits
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citi Handlowy and Citigroup, their clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years relevant experience
- Managerial experience
- Leadership skills
- University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi Handlowy is the oldest commercial bank operating in Poland continuously since 1870. Since 1997 it is listed on Warsaw Stock Exchange and in 2000 75% of its shares were acquired by Citigroup. As a listed bank in Poland it is supervised by Board of Directors composed of Citi representatives as well as independent directors.
Citi Handlowy provides a remarkable Client Experience for affluent and emerging affluent customers through a value proposition that combines Retail Banking (including Wealth Management, sizable liability and FX businesses, Debit Cards and POS), Unsecured Lending (Credit Cards, Installments and Personal Loans) and convenient sale, service and transaction touch points. The current client base is 689M, total footings of $5,3bln ($3,5bln of liabilities $1.8bln AUMs) and 1,9bln Assets.
After major restructuring and transformation, the business is focused on delivering a growth agenda through key major pillars: qualified customer growth and digitization of the business model.
The business operates in a highly digitized, fast evolving environment where keeping the pace with market evolution is essential.
Reporting to Citi Handlowy CEO and Regional Head of Asia Consumer, the successful incumbent will be responsible for
- setting up strategic directionfor the Polish Consumer Business,
- delivering the growth agenda and substantially scaling up the business
- building and driving focus across the organization on delivering leading client experience focused on high impact customer processes.
- Incumbent will be expected to operate in a complex governance structure, interacting with Board of Directors partly composed of independent directors. The role will involve presentation of the business strategy, plans and results to Citi Handlowy minority shareholders as part of investors’ relations.