Internal Audit (IA) maintains a Quality Assurance (QA) function that reports to the Chief Auditor. The QA function provides independent assurance that IA has achieved and is maintaining appropriate standards of internal audit delivery (set against both IA’s own internal standards and the Standards and Code of Ethics of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)), in line with IA’s transformation objective to achieve a strong audit function.
The role involves close cooperation with the Poland audit teams to ensure appropriate understanding, access to and the correct application of the IA methodology.
- Work in partnering and relationship management building with the Chief Auditor.
- Perform a variety of QA reviews across Internal Audit, Poland.
- Facilitate pro-active interactions, including communication and clearance with Audit Owners during QA reviews, with minimal support from the QA Chief Auditor.
- Taking the lead for monitoring, reviewing and challenging any transformation and /or development initiatives for Poland, reporting on these at regular intervals to Chief Auditor.
- Conduct and lead regular scorecard reviews, share best practice and common pitfalls with relevant teams and support with the provision of focused training as and when needed.
- Produce effective communication tools – briefing notes, newsletters, QA & Methodology updates.
- Complete reviews of Risk Assessments, Quarterly Plan Refresh papers, and Quarterly Business Monitoring outputs for Internal Audit. Present results to the Chief Auditor and identify key thematic issues and findings.
- Share methodology best practice and common pitfalls with Internal Audit teams.
- Pro-actively identify development areas, training needs and develop and deliver required training sessions for Internal Audit teams and where invited, business stakeholders
- Assist in the review and improvement of global Internal Audit methodology and practices through:
- Providing thought leadership on areas where the methodology could be improved, clarified in response to results of QA reviews and partnering activities.
- Drafting and presenting methodology documents, guidance notes and practice guides.
- Developing, rolling and delivering out targeted methodology training.
- Providing day to day support and guidance to auditors on methodology-related matters.
- Share industry best practice, and lessons learnt. Lead on pro-active “hot reviews”, audit report reviews, Internal Audit location reviews (site reviews), an efficient and effective scorecard evaluation.
- Perform the QA reviews of presentations for Audit Committees, Management Committees and stakeholder meetings.
- Where required, attend and present at the meetings and attend any other forums where invited.
- Promote knowledge sharing and endorsement of best practices across IA.
- Consult on and review responses proposed to Regulators.
- Candidates should have 8-10 years of diversified management experience, ideally including experience in audit or a related field.
- Audit experience of a large complex financial institution is a plus.
- Experience of working independently, using initiative and maintaining a strong delivery profile
- Experience of working with international teams and of people management/development
- Must have a thorough knowledge of operations and control systems as well as an understanding of best-in-class audit methodologies.
- Must be proficient in risk and control analysis and audit concepts for a full range of products and specialized areas and will be skilled at analyzing root causes of problems and anticipating ‘horizon’ issues.
- Related certifications (CISA, ACA, ACMA, CPA, CFA, Sigma 6 or CIA) are a plus.
- Candidates must have effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. Strong presentation, relationship management and partnering skills are essential.
- This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style. Candidates must have effective persuasion skills, the ability to work effectively at the highest levels of the organization, and will display highly effective networking and influencing skills. This person will be comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility.
- The Quality Assurance SVP must be a strong, energetic individual with a proven track record in managing high-performance teams.
- English language skills “must”.