Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1400 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
The role will be a member of Conduct and Supervision team which is part of Regulatory Initiatives and Centralized Markets functions audit team and will be a key contributor to the completion of the audit plan, participating in the planning and execution of risk based audits, ongoing business monitoring and risk assessment of assigned business entities, with a primary focus of conduct and supervision for ICG Markets business units. The candidate is expected to have a relevant audit experience and understanding of ICG Markets businesses and associated conduct and supervision risks in a financial institution and be willing to learn quickly and partner with more senior members of the team to identify and assess the design and operating effectiveness of controls.
- Applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
- Contributes to the development of audit processes improvements.
- Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
- Performs moderately complex audits related to ICG Markets businesses, technology management; project/program management in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions.
- Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
- Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
- Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
- Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing.