Legal Counsel for GWM & AM Cross-Border Business
Job Reference #
The main focus of your role will be the involvement in legal and regulatory matters related to Cross-Border Business activities of Global Financial Intermediaries ("GFIM"), a business segment within UBS Wealth Management dealing with external financial intermediaries (i.e. external asset managers and investment advisors). GFIM is an attractive business segment with high growth potential which offers a range of innovative services, products and tools to external financial intermediaries. By joining Legal GWM & AM Cross-Border Legal, you can cover a variety of topics such as:
• Establish and maintain UBS policies and internal guidance papers regarding Cross-Border Business activities of GFIM worldwide in close cooperation with the Legal teams in the domestic/onshore UBS entities, the UBS tax department and the GFIM business management and support related implementation projects
• Continuously assess the legal and regulatory framework for international ("cross-border") GFIM activities
• Design and provision of content for training modules (web-based and classroom)
• Assessment and implementation of the legal and regulatory developments affecting the cross-border GFIM business
• Act as the relationship manager / point of entry to the business management, risk management and front staff for legal/regulatory matters arising in the context of cross-border GFIM activities
Legal GWM & AM Cross-Border Legal is a team of specialized lawyers based in different locations globally focusing on legal and regulatory matters to UBS's Wealth Management and Asset Management business with clients resident outside the Booking Center location.
• Swiss or European degree in law and admittance to the bar; additional relevant education (e.g. LL.M.) is an asset
• Education and practical experience in the area of European banking regulatory matters (e.g. MiFID, AIFMD, Prospectus Directive, consumer protection legislation, etc.)
• Several years of professional experience in the financial industry
• Interest in complex, international legal and regulatory issues
• Ability to manage multiple internal and external interfaces
• Ability to efficiently cooperate with and manage external legal counsels
• Fluency in oral and written English. Other languages (in particular German, French and/or Italian) are an asset.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.