Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
If you have an analyst mind and if you would like to work in the largest "in-house" tax organizations. This role could be your chance to achieve value experience. Moreover, tax positions will give you the opportunity to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders.
If you are already experienced in Finance, Accounting or Economic, have a lot of motivation to work and strong communications skills You should consider to join our team. We believe in creating an inclusive culture and work environment where you can thrive, innovate and develop; but most of all, be yourself.
What’s the role?
As a Junior Direct Tax Specialist you will be responsible for supporting and delivering activities carried out by the Manage Direct Tax team. The role involves individual contributor responsibilities, primarily as a preparer of a limited number of highly complex/material legal entities.
More specifically, your role will include:
- Prepare and assist in tax calculation and related Advance Tax payments.
- Prepare and assist in Monthly (or ad hoc) Tax Returns and GL Accounts Reconciliation.
- Ensure and assist in the timely submission of internal reports for direct tax reconciliation to the controllers.
- Provide and assist in support documentarian for audits (internal, external and/or Tax Authorities).
- Prepare and assist in information to respond inquiries from tax authorities and internal stakeholders.
- Support projects and/or ad hoc tasks under supervision of the Tax Lead.
We are looking for candidates who have a bachelor's or master's degree, preferably in Economics, Accounting or Finance. Beyond that, we'd hope to see as many following as possible on You CV:
Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in accounting/finance in a multinational environment, or equivalent.
Knowledge of direct tax standards.
Experience of using a major ERP system such as SAP, SUN, JDE, Oracle, PeopleSoft will be beneficial.
Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel tools.
Comfortable working under time pressure situations.
Effective stakeholder management.Comfortable working under time pressure.
Ability to work with different times zones.
Fluent English, Competency in Portuguese/Spanish is a plus.
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects