Geospatial Business Analyst (Evidence Lab)
Evidence Lab Innovations
Job Reference #
Are you an analytic thinker? Do you know how to develop innovative solutions?
We’re looking for Business Analyst to:
• design and execute aspects of geospatial based projects with a primary focus on remote sensing data, including delivery plans, dates and work execution
• perform data discovery – find and test new data sources
• perform data cleansing and preparation; working with structure and unstructured data
• manage and execute projects, leveraging the developed technologies, curated data sets and team of data analysts
• conduct analysis techniques not limited to imagery analysis, propagation modeling, network optimization / graph analytics, cluster analysis, spatial statistics, hydrological, suitability modeling and general statistical analysis
• work with geospatial based data including though not limited to business rooftop and/or point of interest data, satellite imagery, pictometry and other aerial-based data, spatial files (both vector and raster based and others), climate data and other web-mined data sets
• work with and contribute to the development of an advanced GIS infrastructure including development of GIS based tools that can be leveraged more broadly across the organization
• work autonomously or with a team depending on project demands
You’ll be working in the UBS Research team in Zabierzow (Krakow Business Park). We are expanding our industry-leading primary research platform called Evidence Lab. At the heart of this organization is the ability to systematically harvest, cleanse, structure and analyze primary data using cutting edge techniques and tools to answer key investment questions concerning the companies, industries and markets that UBS covers.
You can learn more about Evidence Lab here.
• 3-10 years of experience in a research/technical/data analytics role
• broad understanding of geospatial theories and technologies
• experience of remote sensing analysis and interpretation
• technical Skills GIS (ESRI preferred); remote sensing software/techniques (ENVI preferred); SQL; Python;
• proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; computer logic; advanced mathematics;
• advanced GIS analysis sklills applied in different domains
• experience with a very wide array of data sets
• high degree of intellectual curiosity that leads to discovery of new or innovative data sources or analysis techniques
• ability to design a research project and lead / delegate responsibilities
• very good in written and spoken English; other language skills desirable
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.