The Custody Client Onboarding Manager provides full leadership and supervisory responsibility. Provides operational/service leadership and direction to team(s). Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge through provision of value-added perspectives or advisory services. May contribute to the development of new techniques, models and plans within area of expertise. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Generally has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness of end results and shared responsibility for planning and budgets. Work affects an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Full supervisory responsibility, ensuring motivation and development of team through professional leadership to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations as well as direction of daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Responsible for customer interaction, documentation issuance, review and system setups.
- Demonstrates high level of diligence, motivation and organizational skills.
- Focuses on timely and accurate delivery of all account opening functions, as well as delivering superior customer service and resolution of customer issues.
- Performs day to day management of the account opening and maintenance processing, including daily management of in-process, pended, and service related activities, ensuring account opening requirements are clearly defined to support all scenarios of account opening and maintenance requirements, to include delivery of very high quality service to customers and internal partners.
- Responsible for various types of project management in the account services space, and managing cross-functional relationships with all teams.
- Determines new work procedures, analyzes complex and variable issues with significant departmental impact.
- Supports the planning and hire of right set of people, train, guide, coach, develop and appraise and reward people based on meritocracy.
- Supports the motivation of staff through constant interaction with the team. Encourages cross functional training for staffs to enrich their skill base.
- Optimizes manpower to achieve higher productivity levels. Identifies and develops high performers for next level jobs/mid management positions. Ensures team delivers as per service level agreements.
- Understands client requirements and implements them correctly. Understands new customer requirements and ensures adequate support to new customer requirements and initiatives.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and service level and drives process changes. Provides innovative solutions to clients.
- Ensures a strong and robust processing environment with effective controls. Establishes risk management practice. Maintains a strong culture of risk and controls in the team through various processes and check points. Identifies means to reduce transaction defects (internal and external).
- Develops performance matrices to track defects, productivity. Exercises leadership and supervisory responsibility over department.
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes recommendations for staffing, pay increases, promotions, terminations, etc.
- Determines hiring to ensure adequate staffing.
- Recommends new work procedures with broader scope of impact. Deals with variable (occasionally complex) issues with substantial potential impact.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5-8 years of experience in documentation review, account Maintenance and related Cash products preferred.
- Good interpersonal communication skills. Able to communicate with internal and external business partners.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated Project management skill including financial cost management skills.
- Advanced execution skills in a multi-tasking mode. Exposure to Customer Service and handling of system, testing and rollouts. Ability to achieve business objectives without compromising on controls and risk parameters established. Ability to interact confidently with senior management and / or regulators.
- Ability to coach and develop people, identifying and retaining talent. Able to partner with businesses and other support functions at senior levels in setting strategy and priorities. Able to strive under pressure and covert opportunity from risk. Should be open to working staggered hour /shift / over weekend and on public holidays. To ensure excellent rapport with internal stakeholders including peers and seniors and duly provide inputs to the team and ensure timely resolution of all issues, wherever there are business risks and the issues need to get addressed such cases should be raised to the senior’s forum for appropriate action and advice.
- Proficient knowledge of English (written and spoken).
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience